Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stealing Jeeps

Old 10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

I was in a Sam's Club and saw this device that I really considered buying. I believe it was cellular based. You just put it somewhere inside your vehicle and then you can use a computer at home to see where your vehicle is at and the current path it has traveled. I believe it's main intention is so parents can track where their kids have gone with the car, to ensure that they are in fact going where they say they are going. I believe it works similar to a Lo-Jack device.

I was thinking, that this would not prevent the thieves from stealing your car, but at least you would know where your car is headed, so you could tell the police so they could possibly retrieve it before the major damage happens.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE. I had the alarm installed today and it works pretty good. I'm still tweaking the settings but it does the job, especially with the doors off. Lookie loos beware!
Old 10-08-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I live in NYC, I leave my doors open. I would really like to get out of here, but You guys are just as bad. The mentality here is everyone is out to rob you, kill you or rape you. If they say hello there up to no good.LOL.

Oh wait Rudy Guillani Cleaned out this town. Plus I'm in a better part of town.

If my Vehicle is missing traffic enforcement towed it.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enzo
Damn I live in NYC, I leave my doors open. I would really like to get out of here, but You guys are just as bad. The mentality here is everyone is out to rob you, kill you or rape you. If they say hello there up to no good.LOL.

Oh wait Rudy Guillani Cleaned out this town. Plus I'm in a better part of town.

If my Vehicle is missing traffic enforcement towed it.
I tend to think along the same lines. Guess cause a previous vehicle of mine was stolen 4 times in one year and I drive a semi truck so every time at a truck stop that I get out of the truck the people that walk up to you are either trying to sell you something they stole, begging me for money, wanting to know if I want to pay them to polish my tanks or wheels, want to buy a movie or want me to pay them for sex. It's all very annoying and the more rude you are about it the worse it gets and the more they beg trying to justify themselves. For anyone that is wondering I did find a good line that seems to work on the prostitutes and that is "no thanks, I don't want what you've got that the doctor don't have a cure for." So if you get approached anywhere remember that line, it actually leaves them speachless most of the time.

Quick Reply: Stealing Jeeps