Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stealing Jeeps

Old 09-27-2010, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Where my blazer was stolen 4 times in a year
You must be on the insurance black list
Old 09-27-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would say a well hidden kill swith is your best option. However I have seen just about every vehicle out there stolen even bmw's and mercedes that they claim cant be stolen without the key. They find a way either by getting a key through a shady dealer employee or simply flat bedding it. The best is when people leave their valet key in the glove box, thats just plain stupid. Good luck!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stealing Jeeps

Where my blazer was stolen 4 times in a year
You must be on the insurance black list

Nope. On that old Blazer had liability insurance only. After every time it was stolen just had to get a new column installed in it but the fourth time after the thief drove it through a big steel post filled with concrete by the front door of a convenience store and through the front of the store then he proceeded to steal all the cigarettes from behind the counter throwing them into the Blazer, he then backed it out and drove away leading to a police pursuit and the thief jumped out of it while it was still driving to try to run on foot from the police where he was caught. By the way a telephone pole stopped my Blazer. After all this I had to replace the steering gear box and steering column. Other damages I didn't do anything about were the bumper was bent just a little bit and fender had a tiny wrinkle and crease in it and the frame was bent. I still drove it for two months after this I drove it, everyday. Then someone walking by bought it for $500 one day.
Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

If they want it bad enough they will get it. My friends 07 Dodge Diesel was stolen with a Tow Truck. They just slipped the Diesel in Neutral pushed it down the driveway hooked it up with a winch and pulled it on the flatbed and were gone! One neighbour saw the deal go down and thought it was a legit tow as they had the yellow lights flashing. Found out later the Tow truck was stolen as well....
Old 09-27-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

install a hidden switch on fuel pump relay... or pull the fuel pump relay out. Or remove or install a switch on the ASD relay. way easier than killing the battery and losing ECM and radio memories. Just a friendly word from a mechanic.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Stealing Jeeps

install a hidden switch on fuel pump relay... or pull the fuel pump relay out. Or remove or install a switch on the ASD relay. way easier than killing the battery and losing ECM and radio memories. Just a friendly word from a mechanic.
That's good advice. Like I mentioned earlier it is not likely a car thief is gonna try to do any type of mechanicing to steal a vehicle or take a look in your fuse box for a pulled fuse unless the thief already knows what you are doing. After all if the thief is watching you or staking you out he or she sees what you are doing so a battery killswitch or pulling a fuse won't prevent much of anything if the thief already knows. Just the world we live in these days.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lions!!!

Nobody F!@%'s with a lion.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grim_creation
Nobody F!@%'s with a lion.
Lol, ya I leave my Doberman in mine...

Old 10-07-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

I have two DEI motion sensors. Hopefully when the alarm starts going off upon entry that will be enough of a deterrant...if not, when I hear the alarm and show up with a Remington 870 Tactical and my glock im sure they will think twice
Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going tomorrow to have a Viper proximity alarm installed. I'll update you this week!

Quick Reply: Stealing Jeeps