Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stealing Jeeps

Old 09-26-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealing Jeeps

I have a stock alarm on my Jeep and was wondering if there are any other inexpensive and effective ways of preventing your rig to be stolen.. A kill switch and such maybe?

Any ideas?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Stealing Jeeps

I have a stock alarm on my Jeep and was wondering if there are any other inexpensive and effective ways of preventing your rig to be stolen.. A kill switch and such maybe?

Any ideas?
I think if anyone wants any vehicle bad enough, they can or will find a way to steal it.

Anything you can do to slow them down like kill switches or a battery power cut off switch that will slow them down enough to where you can get out in time so you can introduce them into some buckshot or maybe some hydrashock shells can be very helpful.

I think thieves are just like these radical Islamic terrorists, the only thing they understand is a bullet to the head.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
I think if anyone wants any vehicle bad enough, they can or will find a way to steal it.

Anything you can do to slow them down like kill switches or a battery power cut off switch that will slow them down enough to where you can get out in time so you can introduce them into some buckshot or maybe some hydrashock shells can be very helpful.

I think thieves are just like these radical Islamic terrorists, the only thing they understand is a bullet to the head.

I hear what your saying, not a big fan of a handgun though.. We have a police station about 10 blocks away but still would prefer some type of deterrant...I saw a guy looking kinda shady tonight by my house and it got me thinking
Old 09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a K5 Blazer that was stolen 4 times in one year. The police don't do much and can't really. They just take a report and VIN and tag number in case it just pops up in a crime or parked and stripped on a street somewhere. That experience just makes me think I need to take things into my own hands especially with all the police officers getting laid off.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

From what I understand a kill switch wouldn't be of much use as the JK is already equipped with a sentry key ignition lockout device.

But, as for general ways to keep your Jeep from getting stolen, I am fresh out of ideas. My Jeep is a stick shift, and I often park outside with the top down and doors off. It would be TOO easy for a flat bed truck with a winch to simply load up my Jeep and drive off. Short of parking my Jeep sideways in the driveway there isn't much you can do to prevent someone with a flat bed tow truck from stealing your Jeep.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I understand a kill switch wouldn't be of much use as the JK is already equipped with a sentry key ignition lockout device.

But, as for general ways to keep your Jeep from getting stolen, I am fresh out of ideas. My Jeep is a stick shift, and I often park outside with the top down and doors off. It would be TOO easy for a flat bed truck with a winch to simply load up my Jeep and drive off. Short of parking my Jeep sideways in the driveway there isn't much you can do to prevent someone with a flat bed tow truck from stealing your Jeep.
I'm going to pm you. Since you're in my area you should know something.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

I wonder if you put the transfer-case in neutral with the emergency brake on would help if they manage to start it. They will put it in drive or 1st gear and go nowhere..
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by holy_crap
I wonder if you put the transfer-case in neutral with the emergency brake on would help if they manage to start it. They will put it in drive or 1st gear and go nowhere..
The thieves are not so idiot...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

a dog if the doors are off. a pit viper if the doors are on.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 20JK10
a dog if the doors are off. a pit viper if the doors are on.
much better

Quick Reply: Stealing Jeeps