Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stealership blues..........Again

Old 06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership blues..........Again

I just left the dealership and my baby still isnt ready. i took it in for the "36k oh crap the warranty is almost up" service 2 weeks ago for the first time. standard stuff so i thought. heater knob doesnt fully swing left to right, holes in the carpet and floor matt from drivin in boots i guess, update the my gig and gracenotes, flash for dvd in drive (not illegal in nc might as well try), and paint rusting on the hinges.

I was heading out of town so i left it with them for 2 days (thurs and fri). Came back monday and this is what i got from them
1. heater knob is fine
2. carpet and or floor matt isnt covered
3. you have the current version on the mygig
4. dvd plays in park
5. we dont have a paint shop so we need to have you drop it off down the street.

ok just a little frustrated at this point. was leavin town again and told them the knob is bs, showed them the version and which one was the update, snuck in some starscan instructions on how to flash for dvd. maybe a little sneaky but i thought what the heck. And they where taking it to a body shop to paint the hinges. left it with them on a wednesday to pick it up on monday in the morning to go to work.

so they call me Friday late and told me the same bs again on everything and the bodyshop wont be done until monday night. i marinated on it for a few minutes and called them back and called bs. they said they would order the update disks, and a heater controller or something like that.

well monday comes around and its still at the body shop. i tell them i need a car at this point. they say they cant authorize unless i have the extended warranty. or i can call the 800 number to see what they will do??? i call and they give me a car for 2 days which ends today. i also ask about the carpet and they said it should be covered and will send instructions to the dealer. so 5 mins til close i didnt hear anything and decided to pop in. jeeps still not ready. i ask what about the car? you need to call the 800 number again so we have authorization? WTF is the 800 number BS?

sorry for for the long rant but i am so pissed. i live in BumF@#$ east NC and the next dealership is an hour away. its like they dont want to do anything. and yes they are a 5 star dealer believe it or not
Old 06-16-2010, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MyJeepAteMyWallet
I just left the dealership and my baby still isnt ready. i took it in for the "36k oh crap the warranty is almost up" service 2 weeks ago for the first time. standard stuff so i thought. heater knob doesnt fully swing left to right, holes in the carpet and floor matt from drivin in boots i guess, update the my gig and gracenotes, flash for dvd in drive (not illegal in nc might as well try), and paint rusting on the hinges.

I was heading out of town so i left it with them for 2 days (thurs and fri). Came back monday and this is what i got from them
1. heater knob is fine
2. carpet and or floor matt isnt covered
3. you have the current version on the mygig
4. dvd plays in park
5. we dont have a paint shop so we need to have you drop it off down the street.

ok just a little frustrated at this point. was leavin town again and told them the knob is bs, showed them the version and which one was the update, snuck in some starscan instructions on how to flash for dvd. maybe a little sneaky but i thought what the heck. And they where taking it to a body shop to paint the hinges. left it with them on a wednesday to pick it up on monday in the morning to go to work.

so they call me Friday late and told me the same bs again on everything and the bodyshop wont be done until monday night. i marinated on it for a few minutes and called them back and called bs. they said they would order the update disks, and a heater controller or something like that.

well monday comes around and its still at the body shop. i tell them i need a car at this point. they say they cant authorize unless i have the extended warranty. or i can call the 800 number to see what they will do??? i call and they give me a car for 2 days which ends today. i also ask about the carpet and they said it should be covered and will send instructions to the dealer. so 5 mins til close i didnt hear anything and decided to pop in. jeeps still not ready. i ask what about the car? you need to call the 800 number again so we have authorization? WTF is the 800 number BS?

sorry for for the long rant but i am so pissed. i live in BumF@#$ east NC and the next dealership is an hour away. its like they dont want to do anything. and yes they are a 5 star dealer believe it or not
My heater knob does the same thing. It doesn't turn all the way to defrost, I just leave it on half defrost half feet. I never complained because the last thing I want is those fools ripping apart my dash, they'll screw up more than they fix. Its very sad not to have competent people in the company repair shops.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Sorry to hear it man, hope it works it's self out soon so you get it back all fixed
Echo, didn't mean to call you out last night...my bad man. I was just reading something different into that guys request.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

whats the deal with the 800 number?

has the dealer told anyone else to go ahead and call?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

my heater knob is the same way,until it's warmed up a little then works fine.I didn't get mine fixed under warranty, I just deal with it.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the dealer standard is to look at anyone who drives a wrangler (or any SRT product) as a total vehicle abuser and try to deny everything....

they just "know" if its a wrangler the owner mustve broken it wheeling..regardless of reality...

just like a buddy with an SRT challenger that spun a bearing in the Motor... the dealer just "knew" it was because he "mustve" modded the computer and over-revved it hotrodding... reality is it was something defective and he got a new engine in the SRT..

its just that mentality dealers have that if its a wrangler, an SRT, someone young that it cant be a defect..

drives me crazy how they do...

and those extended warranty people definately try to wear you down into giving up... those guys are WORSE than the stealerships with factory warranty....

-Christopher
Old 06-18-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our Jeeps have heaters?! I live in Houston...I dont think I've ever used mine!

As far as the DVD player goes...you can get some place to install a switch (good place to hide it is inside the console) so that you can bypass that "you can only play dvd's in park bs" Coworker of mine has a nice dvd radio unit and had a switch installed so that he can just flip it and pretend like the vehicle is in park so he can watch movies.

Quick Reply: Stealership blues..........Again