Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

State Laws & Jeep Mods

Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lucas
Omg just tell the cop you are not from there and just visiting. And if he's a dick and tickets you then just pay the ticket pack up and leave if he dont ticket you then just pack up and leave. You have a house on wheels.
As has been said, if you are driving like a dick you will be treated like one. I got pulled over in CA years ago for not wearing a seatbelt in a rental. I was polite to the cop, he noticed I had a WI license at the time and just told me to wear it. Most people that get tickets for an infraction that is legal in their state were probably pulled for something else like speeding or reckless driving and pissed of the cop enough to do an inspection.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I know in Sturgis, SD they will pull you over if your motorcycle handlebars are higher than your shoulder no matter what state it's registered in.

If they enforced that during the Sturgis ride in, they'd need thousands of cops!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have never had any issues in NJ.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Aviator

If they enforced that during the Sturgis ride in, they'd need thousands of cops!
Well, they do. Most guys that do bike week know the law and if they are over will lean their bars or run them loose so they can pull them back. For the cops really they don't need a lot with all the traffic every one is crawling anyway.

Quick Reply: State Laws & Jeep Mods