Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

STAR Case - Engine Randomly Idles?

Old 01-25-2022, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STAR Case - Engine Randomly Idles?

Hello - I am desperate for any kind of help anyone would be able to provide about my issue. I have brought my 2015 Jeep Wrangler to the dealership for a 3rd time now and collectively they probably have had it for over a month since Thanksgiving.
Essentially what is happening is when I shift from braking to pressing the gas the engine essentially shuts down and goes into an idle/neutral. I have to then shut the car off and turn it back on and then it works, luckily this has only ever happened on back roads and the highway and it doesn't happen ALL the time, they have been three incidents prompting three trips to the dealership. It is not the battery and they replaced a fuse that they thought was letting air into the engine (?) however that didn't work. I am currently 8 months pregnant and petrified to drive it because I am afraid it will just shut off and then someone will hit me. My Jeep dealership told me today that they opened a STAR case and have a couple things to look into tomorrow but I wanted to see if ANYONE has any ideas?? TYIA!

Quick Reply: STAR Case - Engine Randomly Idles?