Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

SRT 6 Wrangler?

Old 10-30-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT 6 Wrangler?

Ok, so I'm sure most of us have seen the SRT 8 JK done by Burnsville, complete with SRT 8 engine, Brakes and Badging.

So I'm thinking that very shortly I'm going to build the first SRT 6 Unlimited JK. SRT 6 was a supercharged 6 in a Crossfire, so I'm thinking of doing the Ripp Charger, Brembos (they've been sitting here a long while now), and SRT 6 badging, etc.

Now, the Brakes area lock to go on my JK, as I've got them sitting here in my house. The super charger seems to be getting nothing but thumbs up around here, and even on a couple other boards, where harsh words were said when the DYNO numbers originally went up (lack of low RPM figures was the problem), good things are being said. So, unless in the next month or so I find a steal of a deal on a hemi, the Ripp kit is getting ordered.

So I'm basically wondering what the general concensus is of badging a JK as an SRT 6 when it's really not factory or even an available mod? I know such things are taboo in the camaro world (badging your car a yenko, etc when they're not), but for some reason this doesn't seem like I'd be faking it? Thoughts?

Oh and this would also go along with redoing the interior black and grey, and going with black leather seats and assuming leak issues are resolved possibly a Wild Boar Slant Back Top.

Thumbs up or down on the SRT 6 Wrangler?
Old 10-30-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

definitely up, uber sweet.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does this come to mind when I here SRT 6 Wrangler

Some people will remember what this is from

Last edited by jeffmarion; 10-30-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Junkie

I think if youre claiming it is something it isnt, as in the case of the camaros, its wrong.

But if youre creating something that has yet to be born, you can call it whatever you want.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

what brembo brakes are you going to use?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

It's your Jeep. You can call it the Moster Mash if you like. Show photos when you're doing it.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll be using these:

And the coke can is there to give a general idea of their size, since I didn't have a ruler handy when the pic was taken.

Quick Reply: SRT 6 Wrangler?