Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Squeaky Driver Side Front??

Old 07-20-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaky Driver Side Front??

I noticed the other day, while my doors were off (that is fun), a squeaking noise coming from my driver side front tire. It wasn't all the time but regular. Now last night I get in it and take off and its louder and louder and clickety too. What can this be,, anyone? I have a day off tomorrow so I guess it has to go back to the dealer grrrrrr
I remember at Silver Lake I smacked something a couple times got out to investigate but never could figure out what it was. Thats been over a week now, you would think it would of happened right away but hey I'm no mechanic so WTF do I know.
I am so bummed out,, I wanna drive my jeep today Waaaaaaaaa
Old 07-20-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hiya ZenGirl,

I had a door creaking noise comming from my left front wheel area and after jacking it up found that the wheel bearing its self was bad, just got it covered under warranty.

Kat
Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

look underneath to see if maybe you picked up a branch or something. A clicking noise from the tire could be a rock stuck in the tread. Look for any foreign objects down there. It may mean you can drive your Jeep today.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

i think i have the same squeek. i can also only notice it when i have my doors off.

keep me posted on what you find....

thanks!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

So this morning I decide to take the F150 to work and leave the Jeep home with the DH. He calls me and says there is no more noise. Why to vehicles play games with us lol I am always just worried they (the dealer) will say "I'm sorry we do not cover that under warrenty especially if you take it off road." Be my luck!! I think I will still take it to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Freak

If anything is said about off road remind them that is how all the wrangler adds show them. After all it is trail rated.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Newbie

Ok the old man claims that the top wasnt on correctly? I know what I heard and it was coming from the drivers side front tire. Even people standing outside could hear it. Oh well, I am going to get out soon and drive it and see what happens. I think I will still have my mechanic friend look at it for me. Thank you to all that replied.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

So today I take the JK out and about and all is quiet then squeak squeak squeak. Grrrr WTF? I get home look all around the tire and underneath nothing looks out of the ordinary. I get up on the side armor and start rocking the jeep and nothing. OK so it happens driving only, especially when I hit bumps, but not as loud as the other night. I guess I should of taken it to the dealer this morning. ughhhh

Quick Reply: Squeaky Driver Side Front??