Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Spacers with stock hooks?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacers with stock hooks?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hook.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	278854

I am assuming they go in between the hooks and the sheet metal bumper. They must push the hook out far enuf to align with the cutout in the plastic bumper. Yes?
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
Attachment 278854

I am assuming they go in between the hooks and the sheet metal bumper. They must push the hook out far enuf to align with the cutout in the plastic bumper. Yes?
I never got an answer to this question. Someone myst have taken their bumper with hooks apart and saw where the spacers were. I did not have the hooks on mine. If you put them between the steel sheet mtl bumper and the hooks, the push the hooks out and more plastic interfers, but if you put them between the plastic bumper and ths sheet mtl bumper (doubles up, two stacked on each side) It seems to go together.

I guess it all depends on how much plastic to remove. Anyone have a picture of the back of a plastic bumper that had hooks?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

They go on the back side for a tighter hold.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackhouse
They go on the back side for a tighter hold.
Thanks. I'll take a peek at one of the jeeps in the parking lot. I should be able to see the backing plates.

To me it soes not make sense, as the plates would be backing a 1/4" thick mounting plate on frame. Also the mounting plate on frame has smaller holes. But thats Christ....ler.

EDIT: Just went out and looked at a jeep with hooks, and you are right....that is where they are. I ended up putting them (2 on each side )
on to push out the plastic bumper. That means that I did not hog out enuf plastic to clear the hooks. So it looks like the whole vertical area where the hook is has to be cut out. I only cut out the horizontal and a little of the vertical to get it together. Awe......shucks. I think I will leave it for now.

Last edited by Smelt_1; 03-13-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Spacers with stock hooks?