Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Someone broke into my garage and damaged my Jeep

Old 07-31-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone broke into my garage and damaged my Jeep

My house sits on a busy road near downtown in my city. I have a small one car garage that I house my JK in. Friday night I put the door down before I went to bed. Saturday morning I was taking my dog out and noticed the door was halfway up. I walked over to investigate and someone had forced the garage door so far up that the top portion came off the tracks and crashed down onto the windshield channel. It left a couple of small dings and a long scratch down the length of the channel.

Luckily I was able to buff most of the scratch out, but there is nothing I can do for the dings. Getting dings and scratches on the trail or at your own hand is one thing, but it really pisses me when it comes at the hands of vandals.

Just had to vent.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's sucks..... I feel for you!!!
This world sucks sometimes.... Atleast they didn't steal your jeep.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

place claymores in your yard facing the road. my house/car has never been broken into since. and if one does slip in, I got my Glock and automatic shotgun for a last line of defense.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
That's sucks..... I feel for you!!!
This world sucks sometimes.... Atleast they didn't steal your jeep.
Yeah for sure. I always leave my key in the ignition because I never dreamed someone would break into the garage. I'll take the key out for now on.

I only keep my lawn mower, golf clubs, and a few misc.things in there. Not sure what they were after, but I figured when the door came crashing down on my Jeep it scared them away.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

That does suck! I hate thieves.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riptide
Is there a way from the garage to the house? I know my parents are pretty paranoid about how they secure the garage door at their place... If you have another way out, I'd look into securing the garage door a bit more.
Yes, the garage leads into the kitchen. I've already taken measures to secure the garage door at night.

I took a vice grip and clamped it down on the track right above the wheel. This way you can't open it the door without removing the vice grip.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hagausaf
place claymores in your yard facing the road. my house/car has never been broken into since. and if one does slip in, I got my Glock and automatic shotgun for a last line of defense.
I like where this guy's head is at!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
I like where this guy's head is at!
I am a supporter of making Colorado's "make my day" law a national one. If someone enters your house or vehicle without consent then you can send a round or two through their cranium. Become your own personal judge, jury and executioner!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man that is a shame. I would be pretty upset also.

Being 30 miles from two big cities, sometimes the druggies want to come prey on more isolated country homes. Usually it is limited to daytime B+E's, but not always. It is a lot more common around here in the past few years.

With the economy bad, there have been police cutbacks. Not many left outside city limits.

A few years ago I installed an extensive alarm system. Having no kids at home also lets me keep a couple of hidden, but handy, loaded 12 guage shotguns around. My favorite close in weapon.

Put an alarm in, it is worth it, especially at night when your home sleeping.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Sorry to hear about your Jeep and garage. On a good note, the damage wasn't worse, and you didn't have the Jeep stolen and that nobody broke into your home and harmed you. I myself have a security system with every door and window of the garage protected. I live in a very nice, quiet neighborhood, but criminals and vandals are everywhere.

Quick Reply: Someone broke into my garage and damaged my Jeep