Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

someone attempted to steal my jeep

Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the factory alarm but I also don't leave anything in it. I had a YJ that was broken into a couple times. Once they even set off the fire extingusher after they smashed the dash to take the radio. Probably the most unprofessional stereo removal in the history of theivery.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by leros
I have the factory alarm but I also don't leave anything in it. I had a YJ that was broken into a couple times. Once they even set off the fire extingusher after they smashed the dash to take the radio. Probably the most unprofessional stereo removal in the history of theivery.
There is something to consider. If your Jeep is a DD. Why carry equipment in your Jeep that you wouldn't bother carrying in a car.

A fire extingusher is needed out in the woods. But If my Jeep catches fire on the way to work. I'm getting out quick and will sit on the side of the road to watch it burn while calling my insurance company and waiting for the fire dept.

If it's a DD. Just have what you can carry out. Leave the offroad gear out until you go wheeling.

Some dumb ass soon to be grey bar hotel resident, will always find something to f**k up if the idiot has the inclination. So I don't give him any help.

I leave nothing in my Jeep. Even when I am at work looking out of my office window directly at it, there is nothing in it to provide any temptation
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by berg
Some dumb ass soon to be grey bar hotel resident, will always find something to f**k up if the idiot has the inclination. So I don't give him any help.
I guess that explains why my driver side was keyed.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by leros
I guess that explains why my driver side was keyed.
Exactly.

I'd like to get a little shit like that and key his asshole!

The only thing I can say is look to the bright side. At least you don't have to be quite as careful when you remove your doors.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to hijack, but that key senor system that doesn't allow your jeep to be hot wired; Does the alarm system have to be armed for that to work. The reason I ask is because I have an after market alarm system so the factory one is never armed.

As for my security, I have a few electronics in my jeep and I I'm too lazy to take them down every time so I got a nice alarm system. It has motion sensor for when the top is down too. A lot of people complain about motion sensors but I guess I'm lucky because mine has been working fine. I do get false warning chirps when it rains, but besides that it works great. A lot of people say car alarms don't work because many people just ignore the sirens, but in the middle of the night where I live it will work. People's cars are broken it often in my neighborhood so when people hear the siren they wont ignore it.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone everthink of mounting train horns underneath the back seat and just hook them up for alarm only?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kuba;637504]Not to hijack, but that key senor system that doesn't allow your jeep to be hot wired; Does the alarm system have to be armed for that to work. The reason I ask is because I have an after market alarm system so the factory one is never armed.
[QUOTE]

I believe all JK's, 2007 and 2008, have the engine immobilizer system, whether or not it has the alarm system...someone care to verify?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=ColinW;637791][QUOTE=kuba;637504]Not to hijack, but that key senor system that doesn't allow your jeep to be hot wired; Does the alarm system have to be armed for that to work. The reason I ask is because I have an after market alarm system so the factory one is never armed.

I believe all JK's, 2007 and 2008, have the engine immobilizer system, whether or not it has the alarm system...someone care to verify?
That is correct. Chrysler has had these keys standard for several years now. My kids 2002 Neons have these keys. They have nothing to do with any alarm system

As alarms go. Does anybody even look up when they hear a car alarm? I know when I hear one all I think is "Asshole". They go off around here so much that most of us have gotten immune to them.

They stopped making the one I wanted. Instead of an alarm it set off a harmless smoke bomb in the car that did no damage. When it goes off, a thief can't see and everybody looks.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

people suck
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the ideas.

just going to go with the not leave anything in there that you can see. nothing locked again ever.

cant steal what isnt there hah.

Quick Reply: someone attempted to steal my jeep