Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

someone attempted to steal my jeep

Old 08-11-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone attempted to steal my jeep

and basically I wish it got stolen. It would have been easier then the bullshit dealing with insurance and towing etc blah blah blah.

anyways....

I only have a softtop so they just ripped off the side window and climbed in and promptly broke the ignition trying to start it (which renders the jeep useless according to the dealer) and then broke my glove box int he lock position....not getting anytinhg that was in it (I was stupid and actually left stuff in my jeep that night)

just curious as to what you guys use as theft deterants?

besides the obvious of course.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

people are just scum imo!!

sorry about ur jeep, and i know what u mean about wishing they had got it away!

I have the factory cat 1 alarm/cat2 immobiliser and a tracker fitted to mine

but i refuse to empty stuff put of the jeep on a night, so i just leave stuff in it - i have more the attitude, its insured, so if it goes it goes, and i'll buy something else - boils my piss that people cant just leave others' things be it out of jealousy or whatever though!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 AM
JK Jedi

That sucks, probably some dumb kids by the sounds of it.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Buy some snakes like a Pit Viper or something very lethal. Every night when you head to bed put the snakes in your jeep and that should stop people and catch them if they do break in.

No that is just park of having a Jeep. I am lucky enough to like in a nice town with little crime. But it does really fire me up when people steal. I had a very nice mountain bike stolen worth like 600$ last summer and I am like a hawk still looking at every biker that passes to see if it is my bike.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

The problem is that even if the police catch the thief, the pushinment is not severe enough to really prevent people from doing it. A slap on the wrist doesn't do much for your average criminal. They will be free before you even get ahold of your insurance company.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I know your pain. I've had 2 vehicles stolen from me in my lifetime.

The first a '79 Dodge pick up stolen from my driveway while I was home. It was never recovered.

The second was a '93 Chevy Lumina stolen in broad daylight on a street in Lower Manhattan.

I was notified by the NYPD that it was found a couple of weeks later in Brooklyn. It had six parking tickets on it all written by the same cop each day before it was towed. This Sherlok Holmes never noticed the broken out drivers window or ripped out ignition. DUH!

Nowhere is safe.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

sometimes Ithink were better off sanitizing the inside and leave the doors unlocked.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sspronin
Buy some snakes like a Pit Viper or something very lethal. Every night when you head to bed put the snakes in your jeep and that should stop people and catch them if they do break in.

No that is just park of having a Jeep. I am lucky enough to like in a nice town with little crime. But it does really fire me up when people steal. I had a very nice mountain bike stolen worth like 600$ last summer and I am like a hawk still looking at every biker that passes to see if it is my bike.
or an anaconda ...I had to get use to not leaving thing lying out cause I have soft top too but so far havent had any @$$holes do anything...planning on getting an alarm system but dont know how that would work without doors on lol

Last edited by SCJK08; 08-12-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do what surfer's do. Leave nothing in the vehicle to steal. Leave the vehicle's interior accessible so that if they still want to investigate your interior, they don't break anything getting in. Leave the glove box unlocked so they don't have to break it to get in. If someone's serious abouting stealing the car, they're going to steal it there's little you can do. If they're just looking to steal sh!t, give them nothing to break and nothing to take. This is how we do it when we park our vehicles and go catch waves. The cars that end up with the broken windows are the cars that had the windows rolled up.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
Do what surfer's do. Leave nothing in the vehicle to steal. Leave the vehicle's interior accessible so that if they still want to investigate your interior, they don't break anything getting in. Leave the glove box unlocked so they don't have to break it to get in. If someone's serious abouting stealing the car, they're going to steal it there's little you can do. If they're just looking to steal sh!t, give them nothing to break and nothing to take. This is how we do it when we park our vehicles and go catch waves. The cars that end up with the broken windows are the cars that had the windows rolled up.
Good point. Hell leave the glove box and center console open. Maybe they'll think someone beat them to it.

Quick Reply: someone attempted to steal my jeep