Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some Educated Guesses About 2013 Colors

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's with all the hate for the bright colors? Every year there is black, silver, a dark red, usually a dark green. If you don't like the "popsicle" and "skittle" colors, don't buy them.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 AM
JK Newbie

Some flat color choices would be nice. I like my crush but if I could get a flat textured orange I would be all over it.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red2010rubi
Probably pink, because that's the only popsicle they haven't used, lately.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Esturk
What's with all the hate for the bright colors? Every year there is black, silver, a dark red, usually a dark green. If you don't like the "popsicle" and "skittle" colors, don't buy them.
I haven't and I won't. I have been waiting for a very long time for a decent color that was not too dark and did not look like a Popsicle. I was hoping Cactus, would be that color but apparently that color was canceled and instead we got Gecko.

I'm still waiting for a good light green like Rescue Green but Gecko is definitely not it.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Esturk
The new term for them is "hippie colors."

I can't wait for my hippie Dozer yellow to arrive.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my Dozer, Gecko and Crush!!!!

Think the wall......
Old 03-27-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Jedi

I have Deep Cherry Red and love it... I would have bought Rescue Green if it were available. One of my all time favorites.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
The new term for them is "hippie colors."

I can't wait for my hippie Dozer yellow to arrive.
Haha yes! So now we have "hippie", "skittles" and "popsicle". Awesome! If Gecko hadn't been available when I ordered, I would have went with Dozer. I wanted Detonator when I first saw it back in 2008! So yellow!

Originally Posted by porters
I haven't and I won't. I have been waiting for a very long time for a decent color that was not too dark and did not look like a Popsicle. I was hoping Cactus, would be that color but apparently that color was canceled and instead we got Gecko.

I'm still waiting for a good light green like Rescue Green but Gecko is definitely not it.
I rather prefer the darker colors on the Sahara. If Natural or Jeep green was available when I ordered, I probably would have got a Sahara no doubt! I think Jeep green should be available every year. Deep Cherry and Flame red look great with the body colored flares, but with the black top of course. Need some contrast!

Last edited by Esturk; 03-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

I hope they have something similar to rescue green or Sahara tan. I have an '11 Sahara tan jku now. Would love to have the new motor and trans., but not willing to trade and give up this color for what's offered now.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JABoyd
I hope they have something similar to rescue green or Sahara tan. I have an '11 Sahara tan jku now. Would love to have the new motor and trans., but not willing to trade and give up this color for what's offered now.
Exactly my thoughts. I have been saving up for some time to trade in my 08 JKU on a 2012 JKU, but the lack of a decent color has held me back. I will just keep on saving up until I get a color I like. And if I don't get a color I like, and I save up enough money, I'll just put a Hemi in my 08 and call it good.

Quick Reply: Some Educated Guesses About 2013 Colors