Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Some advice

Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice

How hard is it to find a 4dr JK with half doors?

I just bought a new 2dr Jk a couple months ago and I'm just not happy. I mean I'm really happy to be in a Jeep but just not sure if the 2dr is right for me. With today's incentives I could jump into a new jk 4dr easy and not loose that much on the 2dr trade. Plus I could order a 4dr with half doors.

I have plans to mod the crap out of the 2dr but I'm starting to loose my nerve on the stretch kit. Plus, I'm starting to see that storage for hunting gear is getting pretty tight.

There are many reasons to keep the 2dr and others to trade.

So mod it till I am happy or ditch it for a 4dr.

Or order a 2wd 4dr and quickly throw in the rubi axles and atlas transfer case?

Just looking for some advice from been there and done that type of thing.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

1 yellow one here on the lot, bare bones 4 door.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunny
There's 4 of them sitting on the lot here
Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
1 yellow one here on the lot, bare bones 4 door.
I know that you guys mean well, but it strikes me as odd that you're in two extreme corners of these great United States from where Ponch is located. Anyone from WA care to chime in?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I know that you guys mean well, but it strikes me as odd that you're in two extreme corners of these great United States from where Ponch is located. Anyone from WA care to chime in?
Dime a dozen here.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are more common in the warmer regions. I know it is hard to find half doors in the upper midwest, and the only reason I can think of is because of the snow and cold, and you can't scrape them.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I'm not to to far from ya, as far as advise for what to get in the end it's your money and Jeep, I def see where you're coming from with hunting gear (stand, gun/bow, ammo, decoys, blinds) and that's before you even get anything. I was actually thinking about getting one of those raks to put in the tow hitch. I'm kind of glad I still have the 2 dr there are some places where I have food plots and corn feeders that I wouldn't be able to get a 4dr between the trees b/c of the wheel base. To getting what kind of Jeep you want, go to any Jeep dealer in PG or Even AA county they should be able to DX a jeep that you want from another dealer in the Metro area, when I bought my Ranger 2 years ago, the ford dealer I went to did it for free.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I guess it depends on how bad he wants one!
Old 09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Or order a 2wd 4dr and quickly throw in the rubi axles and atlas transfer case?

Just looking for some advice from been there and done that type of thing.
Umm, isn't it a lot more work them that?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Thantos
Umm, isn't it a lot more work them that?
I'm sure it is.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lc619fr
Well I'm not to to far from ya, as far as advise for what to get in the end it's your money and Jeep, I def see where you're coming from with hunting gear (stand, gun/bow, ammo, decoys, blinds) and that's before you even get anything. I was actually thinking about getting one of those raks to put in the tow hitch. I'm kind of glad I still have the 2 dr there are some places where I have food plots and corn feeders that I wouldn't be able to get a 4dr between the trees b/c of the wheel base. To getting what kind of Jeep you want, go to any Jeep dealer in PG or Even AA county they should be able to DX a jeep that you want from another dealer in the Metro area, when I bought my Ranger 2 years ago, the ford dealer I went to did it for free.
Glad you see where I am coming from. There is enough room to fit my gear, and there is a lot I take. I am thinking about buying small flat bed trailer. Well it dosent really matter anymore, the fiance said...F NO!

Quick Reply: Some advice