Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Softop

Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Softop

Just bought a Softop for my jku , and I most say it's more quiet than I tought it would be, I'm happy now I have both tops.
By the way is a 09.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which top did you get I'm thinking of a soft top for spring/summer, was wondering how quickly can it be put down or up when you want topless or not.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wait until you get over 50mph you'll change your mind about it being quite. My fiancee and I have grown accustom to non-talking trips on the highway. Soft top flips down pretty face, only a few minutes. Definitely takes a lot longer to put it back on. I grabbed a waterproof whole Jeep cover I can throw on in 30 seconds. Great for summer rain showers and covers when the doors are off too!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the wifes 07 Unlimited with the soft top is pretty quiet. There are no leaks so it seems pretty tight ever since we bought it back in Oct 06. I've had the factory top off for her every summer and normally run just the Bestop Bikini. Now that is loud, but all in all the factory is OK even at speeds up to 70MPH.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zking1776
Just wait until you get over 50mph you'll change your mind about it being quite. My fiancee and I have grown accustom to non-talking trips on the highway. Soft top flips down pretty face, only a few minutes. Definitely takes a lot longer to put it back on. I grabbed a waterproof whole Jeep cover I can throw on in 30 seconds. Great for summer rain showers and covers when the doors are off too!
I drove the jeep 80 miles an hour and it was not bad at all, I owned a 07 2 door now that was loud , maybe because it was the first year fir the jk.

Quick Reply: Softop