Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft Top Trouble

Old 05-08-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Trouble

I have an 08 4 door rubi with the soft top. The problem is on the driver side rear door. The soft top side is held in place by the rear door seal and velcro
at the top. Driving around this seems to work its way out at the top, starts catching wind and then pulls out even further. The other side seems to
stay pretty well.

Anyone else running into this? If it would stop raining I would just take it off!

Thinking about adding a narrow strip of velcrow to the back side of the plastic strip sewn to the fabric but it may bulge out too far.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have the side windows installed right. There are detailed threads on it, but the plastic strip at the front of the window hooks into the groove and locks in. Use the search and you will see detailed pictures.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bsack
You don't have the side windows installed right. There are detailed threads on it, but the plastic strip at the front of the window hooks into the groove and locks in. Use the search and you will see detailed pictures.
I wondered about that. It look like a channel was there but the top seemed too tight to allow for that.

Will check it out.

Thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grnjkrubi
I wondered about that. It look like a channel was there but the top seemed too tight to allow for that.

Will check it out.

Thanks
Its suppose to be tight. Get the zipper started and then starting at the top get the front plastic L started in the groove from the top. Work from the top til its locked in and then finish zipping it, then lock the bottom plastic L into the tub. But someone has already done a detailed ste of directions with pics I believe.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's an old thread on it.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/soft-top-rear-window-door-frame-surround-area-installation-_lots-pictures-12544/
Old 05-11-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

d'oh!!! Man I thought there had to be something up with the way I was doing it.

Thanks for having the sense to ask!
Old 01-03-2022, 12:29 PM
JK Newbie

delete please

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 01-03-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: whoops misquote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bsack
Its suppose to be tight. Get the zipper started and then starting at the top get the front plastic L started in the groove from the top. Work from the top til its locked in and then finish zipping it, then lock the bottom plastic L into the tub. But someone has already done a detailed ste of directions with pics I believe.
BRO, where u been? how are the girls... HMU on the other spot

Quick Reply: Soft Top Trouble