Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top storage option for you...

Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft top storage option for you...

After removing the soft top and associated hardware today, I wrapped the folded top with a fleece blanket and secured with stretchy velcro (Lowe's). I also purchased a couple ladder brackets for the wall. The brackets are tubular and C-shaped. The top bars are drilled to support a shelf. The lower bars have a pad and an upturned front edge.

I think I have $25 invested.

The wrapped and secured soft top fits nicely on the lower brackets mounted 32" apart (hits to studs). The top is rock solid and in a safe spot in the garage (out of the reach of a 3 and 2 year old boys). The upper shelf makes a nice place to hold the rolled windows (Clover Patch), rear window bar and door surrounds.

It will live there through fall and winter.

Jeff
Old 10-10-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's exactly what i did! nice job man..........you must be as smart and handsome as me
Old 10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm $25.00 bucks ahead of you, mine is now safely stowed under the bed in the spare room. but I do like the idea.

Quick Reply: Soft top storage option for you...