Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

soft top issue

Old 05-17-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top issue

anyone notice the bow straps tearing out of where they are riveted into the second bow? it looks like these things will eventually just tear out and they are only 18mos old. if you all notice anything maybe we can get newly designed tops.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had one rip out (user error), Jeep replaced the ENTIRE top and windows under warranty. Haven't had a problem since. Mainly because I pay attention to how I'm pulling the top up and making sure nothing is twisted.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine also pulled out Jeep is two years old. Dealer replaced the top. It had a few leaks in the seams also.No charge
Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

UGH. Took her in today, and let me tell you i am NOT hopeful that the dufus i left her with is even qualified to start the engine. I asked if he was familiar at all with the top leak issues, to which he replied uhhh.... there have been a few, not a lot. What issue is it? OMG! i think i done the wrong thing guys.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tore one of mine due to user error. I just drilled it out and put a phillips screw with a washer. No problems since then.

Quick Reply: soft top issue