Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Soft top or Hard??

Old 12-19-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both.

Hard top is on now, will come off in the spring.

Then it's soft top all the way. It is more of a Jeep like that, I think.

Both is nice, but if I only had one, it would be the soft top.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

I want a hard top, but looked at a soft top Sahara today. Rain reminded me why I want a hard top. Water was pouring in when the doors opened. I don't remember that happening on my previous hard tops. Besides, dealer said adding a hard top will add about $2k to the price. So, if the price is right for a soft top....

Last edited by rakcmei; 12-19-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rakcmei
I want a hard top, but looked at a soft top Sahara today. Rain reminded me why I want a hard top. Water was pouring in when the doors opened. I don't remember that happening on my previous hard tops. Besides, dealer said adding a hard top will add about $2k to the price. So, if the price is right for a soft top....
rain reminded me that I wanted a soft top...having heard all the horror stories with leaks in the hard top...my soft top NEVER leaks
Old 12-21-2008, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

I had a soft top on my TJ. I would have went with a soft top on the JK, but they came out with the freedom panels so I went with the hardtop. To each their own I guess.

Quick Reply: Soft top or Hard??