Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

soft doors?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ that looks sweet with the nx top
Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

If anyone wants to sell me their soft door setup please let me know lol
Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

No kidding. $20 worth of canvas plus $20 worth of wire framing somehow equals over half grand for soft doors. Well, 4 of em anyways.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Krawlersaur
No kidding. $20 worth of canvas plus $20 worth of wire framing somehow equals over half grand for soft doors. Well, 4 of em anyways.
...After reading my own statement, it kinda pi$$ed me off to think its really like that...
Old 07-31-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

...After reading my own statement, it kinda pi$$ed me off to think its really like that...
Yea I can't bring myself to pay full price for these doors. I like them but not that much.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Someone should also mention the con that these doors will rip through your female door hinges, because these clowns didn't bother to match their hinges to the stock ones (you just get a thin metal stick). After one summer my hinges were done for.

Rain coming in is a big deal. Happens every time, in considerable amounts. (Yes i fitted).

So is the highway wind problem, but i fixed it with a velcro strap connecting both uppers by passing over the visors. Will try the bending solution described too

My locks actually fell out on their own sometime in the second year.

Flapping of the lowers (fabric vs frame) was so annoying on highway that i cut out yoga mats and insulated them against themselves.

And somehow i still love these doors, because they are the most practical thing i've wasted my money on with this jeep, and because we're so used to paying premium for shit that falls apart anyways that I didn't even blink.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Took a road trip last week, and we decided to try a little something just for the sake of being able to converse a bit on the trip. We took our camping pillows and but them against the doors between the seat and it worked like a charm. Got it nearly as quiet as stock doors. Lol. Not going to do it full time- just thought I'd share it incase any of you feel like giving your ears a little rest on a road trip.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:22 AM
JK Freak

$80 from a scratch and dent sale at Bantam Jeep fest, can't find any scratches or anything wrong at all with them. I got lucky
Old 08-02-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pghchamp

$80 from a scratch and dent sale at Bantam Jeep fest, can't find any scratches or anything wrong at all with them. I got lucky
Wish I had that luck.

Quick Reply: soft doors?