Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Why did you buy a Jeep JK?
To get the best commercially built 4x4 available?
65.89%
To be a mall crawler (all jacked up and no where to go)
2.33%
For The status (no intention of getting it dirty)
3.88%
Word of mouth
0%
Just figured "What the hell eh?"
27.91%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

So why did you initially buy a Jeep?

Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4dr convertible

ever since we had kids and my wife talked me in to selling the motorcycle, she wanted to arrive home safely each night, I have wanted a convertible. Finally had the money to seriously think about getting one, but we also have two growing boys. She said it we had to have a 4 door vehicle. The Wrangler Unlimited fit the bill.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Because I always wanted one!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

I am a rural letter carrier for the USPS. For 13 years I drove old DJ5's (3 of them) on my mail routes. Pretty much spent Sundays trying to keep them alive for another week! Then one sunday as I was under the hood of my last DJ, my wife said"Why don't you just get a new one?" I always do as I'm told. So that day I made phone call to all the local Jeep dealers and said the first one to get me a new JK RHD would get the deal! Only one dealer took me seriously and called back five minutes later and asked what color? They did a dealer trade and 4 days later I was delivering mail in a 08 JK 2 dr with right hand drive. That was in Oct 2007. I then put 30,000 miles on it until Oct 2010 when I was at the same dealer for service, and the service guy told me that they had a brand new 2010 JKU RHD on the lot! Wifey said see if you make a deal! An hour later I was out the door with a new four door! Very happy with both JK's and have many fellow carriers have since bought new jk's for the routes! Best vehicle for the job!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

The last one, without the eh. I've always owned a P/U truck (except a couple of years when I was insane). Learned how to drive when I was 12 in a '52 Chevy, and have owned various brands. In recent years they were 4X4. Recent=last 25 yrs. They all had personality. My Jk has now acquired personality with a couple of rattles induced by driving too fast on washboard roads. It's beginning to feel really comfortable.

Oh, and all the pickups now are too long, extended this or that.

Quick Reply: So why did you initially buy a Jeep?