Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Why did you buy a Jeep JK?
To get the best commercially built 4x4 available?
65.89%
To be a mall crawler (all jacked up and no where to go)
2.33%
For The status (no intention of getting it dirty)
3.88%
Word of mouth
0%
Just figured "What the hell eh?"
27.91%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

So why did you initially buy a Jeep?

Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always wanted one. As I got older it became less useful, then the jk unlimited came out. It was exactly what I needed.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's my Escape Pod.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my first Jeep in the 80's. Sure it was a very used, sub $2000 vehical that was always in the shop, but damn I loved that thing. Went through my stage of BMW love, just to end up with more Jeep! It's in your blood...
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode in a few buddy's Jeeps and loved them. Moved to Florida and decided it was the perfect vehicle for my job and as a daily driver and to hit the beaches, etc. I am in construction so I have to drive my own vehicle to check out jobsites so a 4x4 was a must. Being in the sunny FL weather demanded a convertible, wanted to drive on the beaches and get down to the loose 4x4 only areas so the Jeep fit all categories. I guess I am more of a Mall Crawler than off roader, but I love my Jeep regardless and I will never be without one. I have lived in FL now for 8 1/2 yrs and after living here less than a month I went out and purchased a 2003 TJ, traded that in '06 for a new TJ and just traded it for my '11 JKU. Only traded for the JKU due to my kids getting older and I am always having to haul them and their friends to football practice and games, etc, and climbing into the back of the TJ was proving to get more and more difficult plus not having any cargo area. The JKU fixes all of those problems and still allows me to have a Jeep.

I picked option # 1 but don't think that fit my situation accurately.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Too old and fat for dirt bikes any more.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi

The Jeep Wrangler has always represented to me "to take the road less traveled". It doesn't follow the norm of the masses... it's a leader, not a follower. It's about as aerodynamic as a brick, but it can take you places most other vehicles cannot go. There's an almost secret thrill most other drivers are unaware of when we ride topless & doorless... "It's a Jeep thing, they wouldn't understand" is our motto. Jeep has a special history very few other automobiles can boast... they helped win a war, they traversed across deserts, jungles, and forests, and set records for the highest altitude reached in a vehicle. They traverse over harsh rocks, sandy beaches, frozen tundra, and through muddy rivers. Dirt & mud is worn like a badge of honor. Jeeps do not discriminate between races, classes, wealth, or gender. They are customizable to the wants & needs of each owner. They promote community, friendship, and camaraderie in various forms through Internet forums, annual events, and simple Jeep Waves as drivers pass each other on the road. They are our Jeeps and boy, do we sure love 'em!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

I didnt vote, because none of them apply directly. I have always loved Jeeps, and wanted one of my own. I was actually in the market for a TJ, I WANTED a TJ Rubi 4.0, but found this JK on the lot and wound up with it instead. (mostly because of the larger interior room, and the rear seat area for my daughter to ride in).

I looked at Jeeps in '99 when i bought my F150, but i needed something to haul crap for work in, and for a LOT of highway driving. The Jeep just wasnt the right choice, even though it was hands down my preference.

When i decided to ditch my beat-to-snot F150 i was in the position to buy anything i wanted. My first choice was a GT Mustang, but I knew i would get ticketed to death in it. I had already sold my GSXR in favor of an enduro, I was always into fast cars & fast bikes and I wanted to finish going all Zen & stuff and slow down and enjoy life instead of watching it go by in a blur. Using my enduro or a Jeep to get to my favorite hunting/fishing areas and do some long neglected wheeling was right in line with my change of lifestyle choices.

So I set out to build a Jeep around my tastes/needs, and so far, so good... I cant believe i waited so long to buy one.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Freak

I too have always liked the insides and ruggedness of jeeps. I remember my friends older brother used to drive us home in high school before we had our licenses in his jeep and I remember wishing I had one. Now after a ZJ, XJ, and TJ (briefly) I have the JK. I've never been so obsessed with something in my life. I have to say my favoroite part part is the entire lifestyle they create. AWESOME!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wanted something that could transport my big husky, be great in the snow, and a convertable in the summer. Easy Choice.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my first Wrangler (TJ) because it reminded me of my grandpa who passed away 9 years ago. He had a CJ5 and I loved riding in that thing topless and doorless. It just brought back great memories of being with him. Now I have a JKU for the room but I will never forget that old CJ5

Quick Reply: So why did you initially buy a Jeep?