Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

so i'm trading in my first jk

Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i'm trading in my first jk

Not sure if i'm nuts or not but let me know what you think. I had a subaru wrx and when i blew the motor after 2 months I bought my first wrangler (2nd jeep). So my jk is only 7 months old but its a 2dr and i need more room. I'm looking at a 2011 4dr with more options. I currently pay 387 a month . I'm going to be leasing my 4dr cause thats the only way I can afford to have a 4dr. An I nuts leasing to buy? Having payments for so long but it's a better jk and should last me for 10+ years.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue project
Not sure if i'm nuts or not but let me know what you think. I had a subaru wrx and when i blew the motor after 2 months I bought my first wrangler (2nd jeep). So my jk is only 7 months old but its a 2dr and i need more room. I'm looking at a 2011 4dr with more options. I currently pay 387 a month . I'm going to be leasing my 4dr cause thats the only way I can afford to have a 4dr. An I nuts leasing to buy? Having payments for so long but it's a better jk and should last me for 10+ years.
do not lease .... or lease to buy !!! I am in the business.... trust me.... if you cant afford to buy..... then wait... also... you should never finance a car more than 3 years....if you cant afford that payment...then you shouldnt buy
Old 06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jcrcan25
do not lease .... or lease to buy !!! I am in the business.... trust me.... if you cant afford to buy..... then wait... also... you should never finance a car more than 3 years....if you cant afford that payment...then you shouldnt buy
X2.........be smart, don't throw your money away.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Look at getting a used 1-2 (model) years old 4 dr leasing is not a good idea. Or get a 4 dr with less options. There is usually a way to get what you want, maybe a different dealership. My 2dr had more room than my 4dr has simply because I could stack it better in the 2dr. The seat comes out of the 2dr the 4dr just folds you lose a lot of space in the foot wells on the 4 dr. The 4 dr has easier rear seat access that's about it.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Leasing is bad. I leased the last 3 vehicles I had, and decided to purchase the jeep. Don't waste the cash.

Quick Reply: so i'm trading in my first jk