Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So I let the old lady take the JK....

Old 11-16-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So I let the old lady take the JK....

She came back and said my cd player (stock single disc non infinity) said it was showing a "too hot" display. She said the cd player would not skip or change songs... She could not adjust the volume either.... My jku is a 2010 sport.... Any one else experience this? What would cause this?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - your old lady must be a knockout!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think she must have been playing show tunes and your jeep was rebeling. No seriously I had a charger that did the same thing. Take it back to the dealership. Its under warranty.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH-JK
She came back and said my cd player (stock single disc non infinity) said it was showing a "too hot" display. She said the cd player would not skip or change songs... She could not adjust the volume either.... My jku is a 2010 sport.... Any one else experience this? What would cause this?
Thought this was going an entirely different direction. I on the other hand, went out of town on business for 5 days this past summer and before I left was nice to my wife and got the jeep all ready for her to drive while I was gone. When I got back, pulled the jeep out of the garage to wash it and noticed some deep scratches between the passenger side doors. When asked what happened, I got the usual response, "what do you mean" When shown the dammage she quickly remembered that she hit the garage when pulling it inside one night. Luckily the doors were taken off so the damage was minimal. damn women.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea go to the dealer.

On another note my wife is afraid to drive my jk because the bushwacker pocket flares are to wide, she claims. That's good, back in 2002 she was scraping the new grand caravan every other day it seemed. She can drive it if she wants to, but she does not.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Super Freak

I just got back from a week away hunting and my wife had the Jeep for the week. After inspection all looks ok!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

my wife is scared to drive mine...all hell would break loose if it came back with a ding
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jesus guys. It's a jeep and it's your wife... My wife is free to grab the keys any time she wants. Scratches buff or touch up and they are gone. For everything else there's insurance.

At the end of the day she owns half my rig so it's no big deal.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Jesus guys. It's a jeep and it's your wife... My wife is free to grab the keys any time she wants. Scratches buff or touch up and they are gone. For everything else there's insurance.

At the end of the day she owns half my rig so it's no big deal.
Hmmmm - my post was in reference to the display showing 'too hot' as in the original posters wife being a knockout and the radio recognizing it and displaying a response on the display - you know as if the radio somehow could....

Oh never mind
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My GF enjoyed driving my Jeep when it was stock height. Now that it's got a lift and 35's, she finds it to be a chore to drive - too much forethought required for acceleration and braking, and she's not comfortable with the physical size.

Then again, even if she did cause a scratch or two I probably wouldn't notice all that much - there is very little "virgin" clearcoat left on my Jeep.

Quick Reply: So I let the old lady take the JK....