Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Smoking deal on a NEW 2010 Rubicon

Old 05-11-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like asking for the bumper option... or ask for the extra trans cooler. Tell them you head of fries while deployed.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my rubi in sept of last year (2010 model), and it was stickered at almost 32k and I got it for 26,500. I wouldn't have bought (I was actually getting parts for my 07 jk not shopping for a new one) but I really don't like the interior inside the 2011 so I jumped on it. Take your time, some fair deals are out there!
Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Well, after most everyone reinforcing the fact that it is a pretty good deal, I made my offer over the phone. Basically offered 450 monthly for not more than 72 months and I want 500 in mopar bucks or just credit for accessories. Got a call back an hour later, and said "Let's do it!" The manager when for it apparently. I get to the dealer, and then the typical run around started immediately. Some chap came and sat down showing me numbers like we were still haggling or something. I told him exactly what my salesman told me over the phone. Suddenly, it started a battle between four different guys. Next thing I know, the story was that my quote was on a completely different Jeep. I got so irritated. When did I ever say I wanted the blue one? All the sudden, they wanted 2300 dollars more for the vehicle. I hit the road so damn fast, I'm not sure they saw me leave. That'll pretty much end my attempts at trying to deal with dealers that route again. I will never, ever do anything over the phone again. EVER! What a waste of time and was upset that I thought I was leaving with a new Rubicon today. So frustrating!!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freaking dealers man! I am a mechanic at a dealership, not Jeep, and they treat us just as bad as they do the customers, unless that customer is one of their good buddies and then you have to drop everything and get that one fixed right away.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

they'll call you back or they got a lead on someone else for more $...no worries man there are more out there.. get the one you want for the price you want. If you like the 2010-2011's they'll be even better deals in a couple of months.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by medburd
they'll call you back or they got a lead on someone else for more $...no worries man there are more out there.. get the one you want for the price you want. If you like the 2010-2011's they'll be even better deals in a couple of months.
Good call. What gets me boiling though, is the fact that I get there after all the negotiating, then they run my credit and pull this crap minutes later. Thanks for the hit on my credit a$$ holes!! That will leave a mark. They are full of BS when they tell you that it's OK for multiple dealers to run your credit while car shopping. It's not OK.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

just an FYI bro - All credit checks for a car or home within 15 days count as a single check.
The individual checks will display on the report, but will be counted as "1" for the score.

Hope that helps the pain....
Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Yea dont sweat it. As my dad always says, if its meant to be, its meant to be. Maybe this one wasnt and you will get an even better deal on the next one by being patient.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CreepyJeeper
Yea dont sweat it. As my dad always says, if its meant to be, its meant to be. Maybe this one wasnt and you will get an even better deal on the next one by being patient.
Oh, I'll be patient alright. I personally won't budge on the deal we had. If they play their games and then call back later giving me the deal, I'll go ahead and sign the papers. Otherwise, I'm more likely to hang out for a while and grab a 2012 after they roll out.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

just an FYI bro - All credit checks for a car or home within 15 days count as a single check.
The individual checks will display on the report, but will be counted as "1" for the score.

Hope that helps the pain....
Thanks, helps a little.

Quick Reply: Smoking deal on a NEW 2010 Rubicon