Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Smittybilt classic side protection vs. Rubi rock rails

Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt classic side protection vs. Rubi rock rails

I have been looking for some rubicon rock rail takeoffs to add a little protection to the sides of my sport.

I found Quadratec has some "Smittybilt classic side protection" rails that look to be about identical to the stock mopar rubicon rails. Not only that but they seem to be about half the price. After searching local Craigslist for rails and only seeing them come up for 250 for a set of take offs the classic side rail protection from smittybilt looks like a pretty good deal.

I am curious though if these are just cheap because they are built cheap. Or cheap because your not paying twice the price for the Mopar name... The last thing i want is to crush a pot metal rock rail against my jeep.

Does anyone have any experience with these ?

Thanks,
Old 07-30-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience with Smitty is that "most" of their products are cheap in price AND cheap in quality.

I would keep looking for a Rubi rail take off. They come up around here for less than $200 quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt classic side protection vs. Rubi rock rails