Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Slitting my wrists!!

Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear of your good fortune, I too have had no problems. That being said does not diminish my sympathy for all of those that do have problems.
Since I support freedom of speech, freedom expression, and the right to die, if you feel like slitting your wrists over someone else’s misfortune, slit away.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I remember my old AMC CJs, and how I thought they had terrible workmanship compared to ther manufactuers at the time.

It all comes down to your point of reference.

I am happy with my 2010 Rubi, as I was with my 2000 TJ, and I was with my 95 Cherokee Sport, and I was......and so on.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gotta love it

Good to hear from other happy campers. My 2008 Rubi has 73K+ miles and has never let me down. Had the ECU replaced under warranty because of a intermittent engine light and that's it. I love my Jeep!
Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Im happy as hell I love driving it, as far as chrysler goes love em too Im a Mopar guy and thinking of picking up a 2011 Grand Cherokee
Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine runs perfectly otherwise, as well. I'm assuming this post was in reference to mine on the stock forum.

Have any of you checked your valve covers, trans gasket and pumpkin gaskets? I'm betting there are a lot of us who haven't, but when they do, they'll find leaks.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had mine just over a year and have nothing but positive things to add. I have recommended jeeps to multiple friends and two have pulled triggers and bought new JK's as a result.

I did discover one small thing last Friday though. being topless and stopped in bumper-to-bumper traffic during a torrential down pour will result in the collection of approximately 1/2" of standing water throughout the tub. The good news is that the carpet comes out in about 15 minutes with removal of only only 13 fasteners. Also, the 12 drain plugs do a great job of draining 90 of the collected water. No electronics damage, carpet is drying/airing out now. Oh, and the wipers don't work when the water is on the inside of the windshield.

I guess I could blame Chrysler for not thinking of having wipers on the inside.

IMO Jeep did a darn fine job of engineering these things.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeff from Omaha,
Don't slit your wrists...... unless I am in the will

Seriously I have 20K miles on mine and I love it as much if not even more then I did when I first got it! The only time it has been to the dealer is to get it inspected and while there update the flash...
Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

25K and not a single problem. I love driving it just as much today as I did the day I bought it. I wash I could say the same for the departed 04 Corvette Conv. or the 05 GTO that I wasted money on. I think that was about 45k wasted.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I've only had my 09 acouple of months, but i'm hear to tell ya I have bought my last vehicle. I've wanted a jeep since I was 16 back in 1984. My dad had a 76 CJ renegade when I was a kid,and it was awsome. Then about 4 years ago I helped my son buy a 04 TJ, and still had no jeep then finanly three months ago I bought my 09 Jk. Man no problems at all so far.But like everybody else the biggest problem is not enough funds to buy stuff to put on it. So hopfully knock on wood, I want have any major issues.
So with that said maybe you should change this threads title to WHO LOVES THERE JK!

But on the other hand one gripe I have is I'm about tired of TJ owners hatin on our jeeps like how there soccer mom jeeps and minivans and the one I realy hate it that JK mean just kidding. I mean its still a Jeep last I check.
Anyway theres my imput for what its worth.
So keep on enjoying those JKs I know I am.
Later
Old 09-20-2010, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff from Omaha
... I am the ONLY guy here who has nothing but generally positive things to say about the most capable mass produced off-road vehicle in the world? ...
Well, I'd point out that my experience is similar to yours, but I've only had my Jeep for 3-1/2 years and have driven it only 67K miles, including some occasional wheeling (only been to Moab with it four times). Maybe I need to try harder.