Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sleeping in the unlimited

Old 05-01-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hammocks work well. I used on in my Defender 90 and will figure out how to attach it to the roll cage of my new Jeep. . .
Old 05-01-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the tips guys. So I won't bring the electric heater, maybe some heat pads or just warm clothes will be enough...I have poly pro. I check at walmart for a pad or blow up doll...er i mean mattress
Old 05-01-2008, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I bet you wont regret it! And it is so compact, that Clackey can store it in his suitcase!

I may need to subscribe to this thread. My wife said that if I keep spending $$$ on the Jeep, I'll be living in it!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

it would be interesting to see how people setup in their Jeeps and for how many nights they can stand it. This is going to be just me (5' 9" or so) staying two nights. If our riding day saturday gets ruined it may only be one night. I have the soft top so it is sort of like tenting still only with a much better anchor!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've slept in my 2 door with my GF before(with the backseat out of course). It wasnt to bad and im 6'3. I would want a some kind of pad for next time though.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CodyB4C
I've slept in my 2 door with my GF before(with the backseat out of course). It wasnt to bad and im 6'3. I would want a some kind of pad for next time though.
Thats what the GF is for.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TekWarren
All I'm figuring on is a bag to sleep in...maybe even a pillow! I have a small converter that I will check the wattage on but I may be able to use an electric heater to as it will be cold at night.
Find someone who will loan you another sleeping bag and put the 2 together, one inside the other. Take a winter hat and put it on your head.
Change in to a NON cotton long under ware and you will be snug as a bug in a rug.

Do some research on winter camping (I know it's not winter) you will learn enought to stay warm and safe.

Yup I'm a scout leader and I'm winter camping certified.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
x3 on the blow up mattress.. A twin fits perfectly in the back with the seats down and it is rather comfy..
Inflateable matresses are the worst in cold weather!

Your body heat has to warm that cold air so it creates cold spots, sholders, but and feet.

Get a closed cell mat they run $10-20, in the jeep you could use an open cell like the egg carton stuff.

I'm a scout leader, winter camping certified.

BTW NO HEATER they eat oxigen like crazy (yes the electric ones) keep a window open a little or you might not wake up.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good points...I've slept in the field "a time or two" when I was in the National Guard so I'm not going into this unprepared I think it will be fine, will look for a mat tonight and already planned on cracking the windows. I know some people here may want to buried in their Jeep...but not me.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I use a low profile cot in my jeep. Works great and give you additional room. Wouldn't try to sit up, but comfy as he11.

Quick Reply: Sleeping in the unlimited