Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sleeping in the unlimited

Old 04-30-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeping in the unlimited

I have a motorcycle trip this weekend and lovely MI weather is all over the place and talking about rain all weekend. I rode in the rain last year to this get together but it was nice the rest of the weekend. Well they are saying rain all weekend! I still want to in case it is nice so I'm going to be trailering the bike and driving the jeep this way if it does rain I won't have to ride in it all the way up AND I can sleep in the back of my unlimited.

I've read about some of you guys doing camping out in the back so I said what the heck! Any last minute tips? I leave friday morning whenever I get up. All I'm figuring on is a bag to sleep in...maybe even a pillow! I have a small converter that I will check the wattage on but I may be able to use an electric heater to as it will be cold at night.

Crap I gotta buy a 2" ball for the hitch!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

You will be fine if you forget the heater. The battery will not last long with a heater big enough to have usable heat. You would be better off to run the heater with a portable generator, if you can stand the noise.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get a pad if you can...I did it with just a bag and the gap behind the rear seat was distracting. I picked up a roll up foam pad to put the bag on for next time.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh, and if you are running a soft top, the top of the roll bar is a good spot to store small items during the night, just remember to clear it off before you drive away.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a small blow up mattress in the back of mine. It's cheap, stores in a small space and you WILL get a good nights sleep. I tried just my bag. IT SUCKED! Then I got a foam pad. IT SUCKED! I got a small blow up mattress from Target. I's like HEAVEN!!! Get it you won't regret it!!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
I put a small blow up mattress in the back of mine. It's cheap, stores in a small space and you WILL get a good nights sleep. I tried just my bag. IT SUCKED! Then I got a foam pad. IT SUCKED! I got a small blow up mattress from Target. I's like HEAVEN!!! Get it you won't regret it!!!!
x2....the blow up mattress is the only way to go, whether it be a tent or the back of the Jeep,
you can even buy a 12v blower to blow it up in 1 minute for $10, if the mattress doesnt already come with one
Old 04-30-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eracer76
x2....the blow up mattress is the only way to go, whether it be a tent or the back of the Jeep,
you can even buy a 12v blower to blow it up in 1 minute for $10, if the mattress doesnt already come with one
Or a $1200 Warn PowerPlant to blow it up. Bonus it doubles as a winch
Old 04-30-2008, 10:35 PM
JK Freak

2 people, 2 nights no matrass, NO Problem, feels like My queen bad. Gotta love the space at the back!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Super Freak

How tall are you? I tried laying in the back of mine and unless I stayed in a fetal position, it was not enough room. I am 6' tall. If I were going to sleep in it, I definitely would want an air mattress.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)

I bet you wont regret it! And it is so compact, that Clackey can store it in his suitcase!

Quick Reply: Sleeping in the unlimited