Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Skyjacker BB - BEWARE -DONT ORDER from 4wheel Parts!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker BB - BEWARE -DONT ORDER from 4wheel Parts!!!

This weekend, I had a 2" SkyJacker BB lift installed on my 07 Rubi Unlimited. Upon pulling out of the driveway, the top rear red bushings failed. They broke into little pieces. I contacted SkyJacker and they admitted that a vendor gave them bad bushings and they notified their distributors "some time ago" to send the shocks back. SkyJacker is sending me new bushings all around. Unfortunate situation but great customer service.

On the other hand, 4wheel Parts could care less and continues to ship H7035 and H7037 Shocks with bad bushings. I called them and tried to tell them about the problem so they could stop shipping the bad shocks to customers and instead send them back to SkyJacker. They offered to ship me a new shock (which may also have bad bushings) but lacked any interest in pulling the old shocks with the bad bushings from their shelves. Kind of a shame since prior to this, I was a fan of 4wheel Parts. The thought I should not tell them how to run their business. Oh well. :e
Old 07-21-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Glad to hear Skyjacker is at least taking care of you. 4WD has always been hit or miss with me over the years: if its IN STOCK at the store I'll buy it...but I absolutely hate thier shipping as no-one wants to fix jack when/if somthing goes astray.......

Nice to hear too that Skyjacker fessed up about shoddy bushings & didn't pull the Ohhhh YOU musta broke it.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kinda sounds like my experience with my Warrior mirror relocation brackets. 4wd Parts said that they had to order them from Warrior and 2 weeks later I was told they were in. I installed them and drove the jeep only to find out that they vibrated so bad that they were pointless so I contacted Warrior and they told me that 4wd had given me the original ones that they had designed that had been superceeded 2 times since and had not been even available for more than 2 months. 4wd probably found a old set in one of there warehouses and gave those to me. Warrior sent me a set of the revised ones free of charge. Kudos to Warrior Products.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

i had the exact same problem with my skyjacker BB. i live about 30 min from quadratec and they were extremely helpful. after i went thru the first set of bushings, i drove down and they gave me a new set. a few days later that set failed. again i drive down and they gave me yet another set and told me of the bad poly that was used in an unknown number of shock sets. i contacted skyjacker and they sent me a new set all around. i was told to make sure the bushings are a dark red color, not a lighter red, almost pink color.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

To be fair to both SkyJacker and 4 Wheel Parts, they each agreed to fix the issue (SkyJacker expressed shipped new bushings and 4 wheel is sending one new shock as it was tweaked). (Thanks for the tip on the color to look for on the new bushings).

4 wheel Parts got a a bit snippy when I tried to make sure that they pulled the defective product from their warehouse. I was surprised by their tone and approach becuase, prior to this, they were always easy to deal with and every product I purchased from them was perfect.

The main point of my post was not to come off as a jerk but rather make sure that others did not spend time putting on a lift only to have it be defective over bushings that cost less than a few bucks. For me, my time off is very valuable and to have to do a job (or even a portion of a job) twice is a bummer.

Hopefully all will be well.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good to know. (I'm trying to make 500 posts)

Quick Reply: Skyjacker BB - BEWARE -DONT ORDER from 4wheel Parts!!!