Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sketchy Dealership Alert

Old 06-27-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedJK

Just to be clear, this is the first time you've brought the JKU there in 36K miles, but you've brought other vehicles there for oil changes & service?
I think he meant brought in for actual service not add on's and/or maintenance issues.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like you got the a$$hole service rep in the place... Every dealership seems to have at least one.

I'd talk to the GSM first. I had a complaint once & the GSM cleared it up for me within a couple days. Then, in the interest of "customer satisfaction" so id keep coming back for future service, he had the work done for free. I was lucky. I hope things turn around for you. good luck!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They didn't even look at my jeep, I bet it sat in the parking lot all day. The inner fender was loose, one bolt... No big deal I just noticed it the other day. I told them about the loose fender.... Got the jeep back. Still loose, I'll tighten it back up on My day off but it's just the fact that nothing was done. I mean they couldn't get a 10mm ratchet and give it a turn...

Very disappointed.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a service plan on my WK (which Chrysler gave me because I wrote an irate letter to them regarding the fraud from the selling dealership). Well, I never went to that dealership for service, except for this one scheduled service appointment because I needed it done and they were close to my work. I had 48,057 miles on the WK, and it was a 48,000 mile service. The service writer said "oh, we cant do the service, you are over the mileage". I sad what??? He insisted he couldn't honor the service agreement if the mileage is over. I said what should I do, have it towed in if I'm driving around and I hit a service interval? I peeled my Hemi out of the service drive and went to the next dealer, who was happy to do the service. That crappy dealer was shut down when Chrysler had many dealerships closed. They deserved it.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh man i would go crazy on them, for 1 mile. you should have called the local media.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Enzo
oh man i would go crazy on them, for 1 mile. you should have called the local media.
I'm calling ghost busters. This is bullshit!

Quick Reply: Sketchy Dealership Alert