Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sketchy Dealership Alert

Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sketchy Dealership Alert

I went to my appointment this morning at Bonneville & sons Jeep in Manchester NH. One tire on my 2010 JKU was balding and the other 3 were fine.

I made the appointment last week, my jeep had 36,001 mile on it. They said it's $96.99 for a diagnostic fee... your out of your 36k warranty. I said, nope! The lady I made my appointment with LAST week noted it in the computer it was prior to my 36k.... She said I'm all set.

Service guys says, I don't see anything... I said... Maybe you should ask me my name and look it up. Then after I explain that it's a 2010!!!!! that I just paid $30k and I'm very up set he says.... I'll have to call Chrysler and get permission. Really over 1 mile? WTF!

It's not like I'm 37k miles or 50k mile it's 36,001 mile. These people are trying to take advantage of their customers.... They lost my business. They better cover what ever is wrong or I'll make a scene in the show room, the GSM and GM will be hearing from me.

I get every oil change and tire rotation there plus after market parts too and this is how I'm treated the first time I ever bring my JKU in for service.

Crazy! I'll find out later today if the jeep will be covered by Chrysler..... The company all our tax dollars went to when they couldn't pay there bills.

I'll trade in at another dealership just out of principal.

Ok, rant over.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles were on the odometer when you bought it? My bill of sale is written up so my 36,000 mile warranty expires after I have owned and driven it for 36,000 miles, not when the odometer hits 36,000 miles.

And the Ford dealer I use pads a couple hundred miles on the odometer at purchase number.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Junkie

That's a great point. Thanks for the heads up, I bought it with 10 miles on it so I should have 9 more miles. I will be BITCHING at them later with this new ammo... If they try to screw me.

Im sure They will say they cant find anything wrong with my jeep just to get me to leave cause then my bumper to bumper warranty will be up. The jeep has been perfect until this little hick up. I'm not the type to bring my jeep to the dealer every time i hear a squeak or a rattle either... This is my fist visit and. They try to bone me... WTF is wrong with corporate America these days. No loyalty or pride in the product.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

If it comes down to it call Chrysler warranty claims and chances are they will give you a waiver for the extra miles. I saw a lady in here a little while ago that got some work warranted (nothing to do with powertrain either) and she was a few thousand over 36k.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Glad to know about this, having recently acquired my Jeep from there. Thus far, I've been less than impressed with the service.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Junkie

This just in, nothing wrong with my jeep.... Go figure. Service guy told me
I could buy one new shitty stock tire for $170.00

Then he told me i must have spun that tire a lot during the winter months on ice.

What a joke... I'm thinking about getting a second opinion.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
I went to my appointment this morning at Bonneville & sons Jeep in Manchester NH. One tire on my 2010 JKU was balding and the other 3 were fine.

I made the appointment last week, my jeep had 36,001 mile on it. They said it's $96.99 for a diagnostic fee... your out of your 36k warranty. I said, nope! The lady I made my appointment with LAST week noted it in the computer it was prior to my 36k.... She said I'm all set.

Service guys says, I don't see anything... I said... Maybe you should ask me my name and look it up. Then after I explain that it's a 2010!!!!! that I just paid $30k and I'm very up set he says.... I'll have to call Chrysler and get permission. Really over 1 mile? WTF!

It's not like I'm 37k miles or 50k mile it's 36,001 mile. These people are trying to take advantage of their customers.... They lost my business. They better cover what ever is wrong or I'll make a scene in the show room, the GSM and GM will be hearing from me.

I get every oil change and tire rotation there plus after market parts too and this is how I'm treated the first time I ever bring my JKU in for service.

Crazy! I'll find out later today if the jeep will be covered by Chrysler..... The company all our tax dollars went to when they couldn't pay there bills.

I'll trade in at another dealership just out of principal.

Ok, rant over.
Just to be clear, this is the first time you've brought the JKU there in 36K miles, but you've brought other vehicles there for oil changes & service?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

I use there express lane for oil services, never had any issues to need it serviced by a tech.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

I think it's time to start ruffeling some feathers!
Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

Make sure to have your original odometer reading at date of pruchase if you go that route so as there's no confusion as to what 36K miles are supposed to be covered.

Quick Reply: Sketchy Dealership Alert