Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sirus-ously?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just make cds and listen to my iPod. A relative has Sirius or XM (one of the two) and it was okay but not worth paying for. IMO they had more commercials than regular radio and if I wanted to listen to all types of classic rock I had to preset all the decades into the radio and flip between them all... Not worth it.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Jeep mid 2007 with the free year of sirius how ever you spell it. I get the "come back to us we miss you" junk mail every other month from them.

Funny thing is I never activated it I think the dealer did and I never canceled it. So every couple of days I hit the button and sure enough it's still tuning in stations a year after the free sub ran out.

I would wait and see if they cancel it on you before you give them a debit/credit card number for a subscription.

And I do notice that the redneck stuff cycles a lot. along with the other channels.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

I coninued the Sirius subscription after the initial 1 year ran out. I have to say, though, that I am liking the iPhone more since I pick the music and there are NO commercials. I figure for a little bit more than the yearly cost of the Sirius subscription, you can get a decent mp3 player. Why continue the satellite service?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MacsJK
I want to say there is or was a lifetime subscription also. I believe I saw it to be about 500 bucks or so.
Yep I bought a lifetime for the jeep and sons car, about $400.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys, I would pay - and would love to hear American radio. How wide is the satellite coverage? Enough for people living in Europe?
Old 04-09-2009, 02:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default Sirius Radio

Well I travel quite a bit for work, and what I like about SAT radio is that wherever I am, I am listening to the stations I like. Yes, I get tired of the "thicker and wider" adds, but I have become accustomed to BBC, Fox and CNN, comedy, and all of the various "theme" channels.

I bought a two year, and you save a bit more, but the $12/mo is about right. If you go month-by-month, it is $14.95 I believe.

I've just gone to Sirius from XM, and with it being the same company, many channels are the same.

It's worth it to me.

Quick Reply: Sirus-ously?