Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sirus-ously?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirus-ously?

Well, I've had the Jeep since Nov, which means I have been listening to the Redneck Comedy station for a few months now. Funny funny stuff. But now it seems to be repeating itself a lot. And is anyone noticing more and more commercials? Not sure if I am going to subscribe when the free waves are over. How much would this cost a month?
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Junkie

think mine is like 12 bucks a month or something like that.
i've had sirius since like 2004. i always pay yearly and i think the last time it was $146.00.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

I pay every 3 months, and it comes out to about $12 a month.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Newbie

I want to say there is or was a lifetime subscription also. I believe I saw it to be about 500 bucks or so.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

don't need sirius sat.radio or gps or heated seats or ... sorry i got carried away
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
Well, I've had the Jeep since Nov, which means I have been listening to the Redneck Comedy station for a few months now. Funny funny stuff. But now it seems to be repeating itself a lot. And is anyone noticing more and more commercials? Not sure if I am going to subscribe when the free waves are over. How much would this cost a month?
Ahhh yes good ole Sirius channel 103 (preset 6 in my jk). Actually its not that bad right now. I know you can now do lifetime subscriptions and it is something like $150 (recently way reduced). I personally will, once the free thing is done (i got a year) I will just pay the lifetime subscription and never worry about it again, a jeep is for life anyway!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09rubicon
Ahhh yes good ole Sirius channel 103 (preset 6 in my jk). Actually its not that bad right now. I know you can now do lifetime subscriptions and it is something like $150 (recently way reduced). I personally will, once the free thing is done (i got a year) I will just pay the lifetime subscription and never worry about it again, a jeep is for life anyway!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to know where you saw a lifetime sub for 150, on their site all I can find now is monthly sub or save if you sign up for 3 years for the all inclusive, that costs 348, so I doubt you can get a lifetime for 150 If you do get a lifetime though you better keep the Jeep for the lifetime for real because it is NON-transferable if you have it on a factory radio, if you get it on a portable you can transfer it.

Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective. A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or plug & play receiver is transferable from one receiver to another receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. Each permitted transfer of a Subscription is subject to a transfer fee. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription from one receiver to another or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee. The current transfer fee is set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., the receiver is defective. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Super Freak

If you get tired of 103, 104 is god too, as is 105 (if you can handle the clean stuff) I just re upped for a year. Came out to 12 bucks a month. I have been getting pissed by the commercials too, but I just switch to one of the other channels. At least they do not always run the commercials all at the same time on all of the channels.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkob1060
I'd like to know where you saw a lifetime sub for 150, on their site all I can find now is monthly sub or save if you sign up for 3 years for the all inclusive, that costs 348, so I doubt you can get a lifetime for 150 If you do get a lifetime though you better keep the Jeep for the lifetime for real because it is NON-transferable if you have it on a factory radio, if you get it on a portable you can transfer it.

Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective. A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or plug & play receiver is transferable from one receiver to another receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. Each permitted transfer of a Subscription is subject to a transfer fee. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription from one receiver to another or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee. The current transfer fee is set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., the receiver is defective. Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.

I will honestly have to ask what the exact amount was. My father just put a sierius reciever in my moms car and did the lifetime subscription with it. He said it was about 150, but that might be because he already has a lifetime subscription to the one in his truck?? now you got me interested.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

I can't understand PAYING for satellite radio that has commercials. Isn't the whole point of paying for it that it's supposed to NOT have commercials?? Generally, I use my iPhone for music by playing MP3s. Something I've recently discovered is that you can stream audio from the internet (like Pandora, etc.) using the cell network. It's sort of like satellite radio without the cost OR the commercials.

Quick Reply: Sirus-ously?