Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sirius - 5 months for $20

Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sirius - 5 months for $20

So my sirius subscription ran out about a month ago, and when they called to renew I told them if they could give it to me for $7 a month a would stay, they said no way, so it was cancelled. What they didn't know is that I had my fellow JK'ers knowledge in my hip pocket. I read on here that if you let it expire they will call you with crazy specials. Low and behold I get the call today, 5 months for $20...so I scooped that one up pretty quick.

Just wanted to let you guys (and gals) know that if you get a call from Sirius 1-866 xxx xxxx you might want to answer it if you are interested in turning your sirius back on for cheap. They did say it was a special so you might be able to call them and ask for it?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its only worth Howard and faction and since howard may be leaving soon, i definitely wouldnt lock myself into anything long term. 5mos for 20 is a good deal though.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Howard goes im canceling my sirius in my jeep but will probally keep it in the wifes commander
Old 04-20-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Junkie

I can't listen music with Sirius because of the crappy sound. Can someone explain me why? IMHO, this service should be free
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
JK Freak

I got a similar offer from XM-radio subscription but i cancelled it a month later because I decided to use internet radio instead, they tried holding from leaving, they offered me a free radio, and additional discounts, but i jumped shipped either way
Old 04-21-2010, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yoda
I can't listen music with Sirius because of the crappy sound. Can someone explain me why? IMHO, this service should be free
I think you would be amazed if you heard an aftermarket XM/Sirius radio plugged into the AUX imput of your stock headunit. The Chrysler satellite radio is absolutely terrible. I installed an XM OnyX and absolutley love it.. it sounds great. None of that digital compression whine/hiss.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

never thought of plugging an aftermarket unit in, I never renewed mine a couple of years ago, the service is crappy and it should be free. until then i'll stick with fm and ipod.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the mygig unit in my jeep with sirius and i think it sounds great. I have also had sirius since 2004 and honestly cant stand "terestrial' radio anymore. I don't even remember the last time I had an FM station on. There are too many commercials and they play the same sh*t over and over. Got me, sounds like alot of you are against satelite radio but to me, I need it in all my vehicles or I go crazy changing channels non-stop. I agree with whoever said "it should be free" though - lol.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Just be warned that the fine print on that $20 deal says that after the 5 months your card will automatically be charged for another renewal at the "current" rate...so probably pretty high. I did read on another thread however, that someone was able to negotiate that they did not automatically renew per the required terms.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TommyG
I have the mygig unit in my jeep with sirius and i think it sounds great. I have also had sirius since 2004 and honestly cant stand "terestrial' radio anymore. I don't even remember the last time I had an FM station on. There are too many commercials and they play the same sh*t over and over. Got me, sounds like alot of you are against satelite radio but to me, I need it in all my vehicles or I go crazy changing channels non-stop. I agree with whoever said "it should be free" though - lol.
+1 I love sirrus mostly because the local radio is crap. Understand why it isn't free (they don't have comericals (at least on the music channels)).

Quick Reply: Sirius - 5 months for $20