Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Which side steps do i choose?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which side steps do i choose?

Hey Y'all!

So...I need your help! I'm tryin' to decide whether or not to change out my side steps....if I do, I'm not sure what to swap them out for....any ideas?? Should I try something new or stay with what I have now??? Let me hear your thoughts!!!

Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

It really kind of depends on what you are going for. Are you going to be doing rock climbing or anything that would require better armor? If so you should probably look at some rock rails such as Or-Fab, Olympic, etc. However, if you want something wide to step up on, there are a few options for steps. (Mopar, Olympic, etc.)

I had the factory steps like what came on the Saharas, but one of the other JKers around here hooked me up with Rubicon rock rails. They definitely provide better protection, but don't have steps so my wife is not as pleased.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like your set up as is! You have black and silver wheels, and some black trim mixed with billett door handles so the black tubes and silver steps make for a nice blend. Unless you're unhappy with them, I would leave them alone, they look good with your set up!
Old 07-26-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you don't wheel a lot , I say stay with the ones you have. now if you plan on wheeling I dont think those would work. good looking jeep
Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MOWrangler
It really kind of depends on what you are going for. Are you going to be doing rock climbing or anything that would require better armor? If so you should probably look at some rock rails such as Or-Fab, Olympic, etc. However, if you want something wide to step up on, there are a few options for steps. (Mopar, Olympic, etc.)

I had the factory steps like what came on the Saharas, but one of the other JKers around here hooked me up with Rubicon rock rails. They definitely provide better protection, but don't have steps so my wife is not as pleased.
What he said

Originally Posted by RubiRascal
I like your set up as is! You have black and silver wheels, and some black trim mixed with billett door handles so the black tubes and silver steps make for a nice blend. Unless you're unhappy with them, I would leave them alone, they look good with your set up!
I agree with RubiRascal on aestetics alone, I think these steps blend very well. I can't remember if I commented on your Jeep before but I am now..............
Old 07-26-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rock rails

I went with Shrockworks, I don't go wheeling all the time but wanted extra protection. One trip to Moab convinced me of that. Plus you can use them as a step. Very solid and very well built.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Red rock Fab

Check these ones... from red rock fab, I think the look great and you get to keep the two tone (silver/black) theme that you seem to be going for...

http://www.redrockfab.com/shop/image.php?object_type=detailed&image_id=1574&windo w=popup

BTW nice looking jeep...

Last edited by Piginajeep; 07-29-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: please dont post clickable links to nonsponsors
Old 07-27-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

I like the Teraflex.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed with side steps/rails is that if they stick out too far, you tend to hit them with your leg and pick up the dirt on your clean pants on your way to work LOL! Unless of course you actually use them as a step. So I would lean towards some that stay in close. But if you are lifted and use it as a step ....that's cool.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
I noticed with side steps/rails is that if they stick out too far, you tend to hit them with your leg and pick up the dirt on your clean pants on your way to work LOL! Unless of course you actually use them as a step. So I would lean towards some that stay in close. But if you are lifted and use it as a step ....that's cool.
I prefer the ones that stick out, preferably as far as the fenders.

Reason?

Let the slimy wimps who like to open their doors without thinking slam into one of my rails. ROTFL.

Quick Reply: Which side steps do i choose?