Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Side mirror relacation brackets on JK's

Old 04-04-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirror relacation brackets on JK's

where could I buy relocation brackets and/or website? I am anxious to take off my doors but we need side mirrors. Please let me know.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Junkie

After the mirror relocation brackets installed, YOU WILL SEE ABOUT 75% in the passenger's side mirror (you lost 25% of the visibility)

This is because the mirror is installed on the windshied
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered my relocation brackets and should get them sometime next week, I will keep an eye on the loss of visibility. Thanks
Old 04-04-2009, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

Not exactly relocation brackets, but this is what I used for my driver's side (pics below). It is a Harley mirror that I picked up at a dealership for $35 - they don't sell it on the HD website - store purchase only.

In NJ, you only have to have 2 mirrors (including your interior rearview). The short arm works great for the driver's side. If you have to have one on your pass side, the long arm might work - I'm not positive though. Might be worth looking into.

Short arm tapered mirror (black)

I mount it on the top hinge. Fits perfect, and no vibrations at all.

Here's a pic of the long arm - this is the left hand side, but the pass side is the same length.

JD
Old 04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Rugged Ridge Relocation Brackets. I got em used off another member for $50 and they haven't disappointed me. Yea I can only see like 25% (I sit kinda forward in the JK... I like seeing everything around my hood) of my passenger side mirror but that just encourages me to check my blind spots.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

how about this oneAttachment 21736
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jd1066
Not exactly relocation brackets, but this is what I used for my driver's side (pics below). It is a Harley mirror that I picked up at a dealership for $35 - they don't sell it on the HD website - store purchase only.

In NJ, you only have to have 2 mirrors (including your interior rearview). The short arm works great for the driver's side. If you have to have one on your pass side, the long arm might work - I'm not positive though. Might be worth looking into.

Short arm tapered mirror (black)

I mount it on the top hinge. Fits perfect, and no vibrations at all.

Here's a pic of the long arm - this is the left hand side, but the pass side is the same length.

JD
This model is not legal in Quebec, because the surface of mirror is too small. One of my friend has been stopped by the police a few years ago with his motorcycle mirror.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
This model is not legal in Quebec, because the surface of mirror is too small. One of my friend has been stopped by the police a few years ago with his motorcycle mirror.
I never even gave that a thought. Hopefully I don't have any problems with mine.

JD
Old 04-05-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I washed my jeep yesterday evening and looking out this morning, it is cloudy and it might rain...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will be using my relocation brackets this week end and taking off the door. I will take pics and post them on here. Anybody else doing the same?

Quick Reply: Side mirror relacation brackets on JK's