Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks woes

Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ordered my sliders after you did and got them before you did? That's not cool.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

My ShrockWorks project woes continue. The bumpers took 22 weeks to get here and I had them delivered to the 4 Wheel Parts in Westminster, Colorado to get installed. There was a packing strap running across and through the top of the box holding the PIAA lights so they had me watch them unpack that. Luckily the strap didn't break anything so I thought I was good to go.

I returned to pick up the Jeep and the front bumper had packing material stuck all over it. They tried to get it to come off (and so did I) but it wasn't going to come off.

ShrockWorks is going to send another bumper and I'll switch them out (they're paying to have the current one shipped back -- all it needs is new powdercoating).

Of course, the issue is who should pay for the uninstall and reinstall? It has a winch and lights on it so it's not a simple matter of taking one off and putting another one on. I feel like 4 Wheel Parts screwed up because they installed something that was damaged in shipping without giving me the option to say no. They say they shouldn't pay for it because they leave all of the packaging on a bumper until it's already installed so it won't get scratched. I say if you decide to install things without first checking for damages then that's the risk you take. I'm losing that argument.

Bottom line, if you have someone install ShrockWorks bumpers be sure to inspect everything before getting anything installed. Second, 4 Wheel Parts only guarantees your satisfaction if they order the parts, too (they can't get ShrockWorks stuff).

What a mess. Sorry about the rant.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to here all the issues. I'm dead set on a rear full width with everything. Not sure about plate steel, but I work for Timken Steel on the oil and gas side and we mill our own steel (round bar and tubing). We also have customers that we mill for....and steel is scarce! Long long lead-times and high prices. Shrockworks run a small operation (buddy of mine crawls with them) and some of the issue could be funding, inventory (cost vs tax etc) and steel availability. Just saying. I know the oil and gas business is suffering cuz of steel availability. But, bogus lead-times are BS.

$.02
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

I have no idea what's going on over there and I really haven't asked. When you look around for good wheeling bumpers for the JK there just aren't that many options -- not like there are for the TJ. That puts ShrockWorks in a good position but as soon as another company starts making solid bumpers with better turnaround times then ShrockWorks might not make it. It's happened so many times before.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Still glad you waited for Shrockworks? They are certainly not the only company that makes products that work in Colorado or the rocks. Disillusioned people who continue ordering their stuff is what enabled them to keep running their business this way. If you were to go by their shop, you would not order from them again. Very shoddily run.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

I didn't see any other front bumpers that were small as well as made from thick steel. So yeah, it'll be worth the wait. I plan on using these bumpers pretty hard.

I actually read this thread before I ordered from them. In the end I just couldn't find anything else that compared that more than a handful of people were using. There are small shops out there making great stuff but it's tough to spend that much money on one person's review.

I'm really happy with the bumpers. They're just not that easy to get, apparently.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jorzac
Still glad you waited for Shrockworks? ...
I'm not going to try to justify Shrockwork's business practices. I warn people about them and let them decide for themselves. But, while wheeling in Moab (six times), Sedona (twice), Disney (three times), Clayton and 59th Street (two large gatherings and countless smaller groups), I've looked at hundreds of other people's rigs with about every bumper you can imagine. I am not disillusioned: Shrockworks makes far and away the best out there.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks woes