Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks woes

Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered front and rear bumpers along with sliders on 12/28. In early November they told me that their orders are taking about 12 weeks. As of right now my credit card hasn't been charged anything yet. Did they stop pre-charging for orders or have they forgotten about mine? It looks like I'll have to find out.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really sucks a lot because I love the looks of nearly all of their products and the build quality from what I here is outstanding.

It must take a long time to receive these products. I live in CO as well and just waiting three months to six months to get an item is pretty nuts. I have started looking at the LoD sliders and the AFN ones are actually pretty nice and around the same cost as the Shrockworks.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

I am waiting for mine. 8 weeks today. Should be soon. They sent my powerplant winch and synthetic rope.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not in a hurry but STILL.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Shrockworks

My Shrockworks front stubby bumper is the best quality bumper I have ever owned. Totally worth the wait. Best quality finish from welds to powder coat. Hang in there because you will be happy in the end.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NH-JK
They must be good if people keep buying them!
Don't think so, people that are ordering just do not know. I had chosen Shrockworks for my bumpers, but after hearing the hundreds of complaints, I have resigned to LOD. Shrockworks should be bought out by a reputable company or be closed down. but people keep ordering and keep complaining. wake up world choose a reputable supplier. If they are a sponser on this forum, they should be ashamed.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mariner

Don't think so, people that are ordering just do not know. I had chosen Shrockworks for my bumpers, but after hearing the hundreds of complaints, I have resigned to LOD. Shrockworks should be bought out by a reputable company or be closed down. but people keep ordering and keep complaining. wake up world choose a reputable supplier. If they are a sponser on this forum, they should be ashamed.
That's sucks.... Sorry to hear that.. LOD is what I want.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

I'd rather wait a long time for what I want than get what I don't want right away. My Jeep is almost exclusively for wheeling and I need bumpers that will stand up to the rocks. If I didn't live in Colorado or didn't do any wheeling then I probably wouldn't buy from ShrockWorks.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OffroadGirl
I'd rather wait a long time for what I want than get what I don't want right away. My Jeep is almost exclusively for wheeling and I need bumpers that will stand up to the rocks. If I didn't live in Colorado or didn't do any wheeling then I probably wouldn't buy from ShrockWorks.
My thoughts exactly, some of the trails here can eat a Jeep, or any rig for that matter, alive out there in the rocks.

I still can not get it through my head though about finding another option. Shrockworks just has a really impressive design and quality about their products.

Even the people that buy from them and complain about the turn around never cease to express the attention to detail and stout prowess of the armor that Shrockworks is eventually sending to their customers.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Whoops, they did charge me already (I missed the line item because of how the PDF statement was formatted). I had emailed them about my order and they emailed right back to let me know that it's coming along. I'll let you all know how this progresses.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks woes