Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks woes

Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have went with LOD!!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

This is very upsetting. After countless hours of research, I had finally decided on a Shrockworks front middy bumper, tire carrier and sliders. That is until I stumbled across this thread. I had read that Shrockworks had some very long lead times as of 2 years ago, but to find out that these "growing pains" have not yet been rectified is extremely telling about this company. I would not wait 6 months for solid gold bumpers, but that's just me. Looks like its back to the drawing board... Unfortunately, Shrockworks will not be getting my business with wait times like this.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

It is really a shame because they have a great product. I really can't understand why so many people don't realize that customer service is just as important as the product they produce.
That is why Northridge has been so successful while others fail, they know where their bread is buttered.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jay Kay
This is very upsetting. After countless hours of research, I had finally decided on a Shrockworks front middy bumper, tire carrier and sliders. That is until I stumbled across this thread. I had read that Shrockworks had some very long lead times as of 2 years ago, but to find out that these "growing pains" have not yet been rectified is extremely telling about this company. I would not wait 6 months for solid gold bumpers, but that's just me. Looks like its back to the drawing board... Unfortunately, Shrockworks will not be getting my business with wait times like this.

x2 I was sold on the Shcrockworks bumper too...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

I have felt for a long time that our paying homage to Shrockworks was stupid. I put their rear bumper on my 09, and yes, they make great quality bumpers, but so do alot of other manufacturers, and it never takes 6 months. I was told 8 weeks when I bought mine, and it turned into 5 months. When I bought my 2011 I purchased other aftermarket bumpers simply for that reason. I cannot understand what their excuse it for so such long manufacturing times, no help, no knowledge of how to purchase raw materials for their needs, or do they just like to operate on some on else's money????
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by largo
... they make great quality bumpers, but so do alot of other manufacturers ...
I don't want to defend Shrockwork's business practices--they could use some improvement (now there's an understatement). However, I have looked at and helped to install a lot of bumpers. And, yes, there are lot of companies making nice bumpers. But I have yet to find any that make a bumper as nice as Shrockworks. Seriously. And, I'm not writing about the Chinese imports--I think even fans of those bumpers will admit that they bought them on price knowing that there were compromises. Rather, I mean well-respected, U.S. bumper manufacturers. Shrockworks is a notch above them. They also offer a few features that are rare from aftermarket bumper manufacturers, including choice of finish, compatible with the stock hitch, back-up lights, great integration with a PowerPlant, fog light cut-outs, etc. That's why there are some of us willing to wait for their products. I would do it again (but hope it's never necessary!). I discourage anyone from ordering from them who doesn't like to put up with the well-publicized shenanigans. As you said, there are other great bumpers out there--just not quite as great as Shrockworks.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Maybe they need to hire more people to make the bumpers.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

This is a never ending story
Old 01-14-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They must be good if people keep buying them!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NH-JK
They must be good if people keep buying them!
We'll know in a couple of months when my sliders come in.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks woes