Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks woes

Old 12-10-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Dog
These clowns make some of the best stuff in the business. I have their stuff and don’t regret it one bit. Did I have to wait, you bet. I pay upfront like everyone else. But I knew this going in to it. I am glad I waited. There are other companies that sell bumpers and they may have them on the shelf if you are in a hurry. I did notice that the people complaining have not done many mods.
i have lots of mods... even had a shorkworks bumper before.(didn't have to wait for it )..but wouldnt get one again.... no way i would wait months for a bumper... plenty of other great bumpers that you don't have to wait months for. i think they should at least wait to charge you credit card till it ships.. I'm really surprised that they are still in business or that people even bother ordering..

Last edited by blockrockin; 12-10-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so why are they so slow?
they are definitely not getting good word of mouth(about PR and delivery times)
Is there any Shrockworks rep on here that can answer?
Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

This has been discussd before...But I will say, Schrockworks needs to be upfront about the waiting time. If people think the product is worth it, they'll wait.

The fact that they don't tell you up front and come up with excuses *from what I have read*, is not good business.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeremy22
This has been discussd before...But I will say, Schrockworks needs to be upfront about the waiting time. If people think the product is worth it, they'll wait.

The fact that they don't tell you up front and come up with excuses *from what I have read*, is not good business.
Ya I agree I'd rather be told 20 weeks and I get it in 17, then to be told 6 and get it in 7(if you know what I mean)
Old 12-10-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Sorry to hear about the bad luck on the wait.

Product is superior and customer service is great.

I was lucky enough to get my bumper/carrier off another member. Had it installed for a while now and was getting some rattling. e-mailed them description of my issue, they got back to me right away with some brackets I was missing. Shipped them same day. Got them 2 days later. Fixed it all last night and love the rock-solid feel.

Hope your bumper comes soon. You'll love it when you get it.

Good luck man.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Super Freak

1) I LOVE my front mid bumper
2) Call SLC, that is where i got mine. Seems they always order one or two extra
3) It is against Visa/MC card agreements to charge your card for the whole price before it ships. They can actually have their processing account turned off.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have front and rear Shrockworks bumpers, I'm very happy with the product. Fit and finish is superb. I knew it was going to be a long wait before I ordered, but it was what I wanted.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Knowing full well that I'll be waiting for months, I placed my order for their sliders through SL last week. On the bright side, I'll probably get the sliders in the summer where I can install them in decent weather.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Junkie

The Shrockworks sliders are probably one of my favorites, as far as the design and price of the product. But the wait times are unreasonable. I think sixty days, on a well crafted piece of armor, is about fair.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

you think shrockworks is bad, order something from overkill engineering. they tell you two weeks, eight months later, three sets of fenders sent (all won't fit) and they still can't get the order right!!!!!! you might have to wait six months for shrockworks (they tell you up front about the wait) but when you get your order, it's nice and it fits right!

Quick Reply: Shrockworks woes