Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks woes

Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks woes

Ordered and paid for my bumpers - front and rear - back in July. On the phone today was told maybe two weeks until shipping. I did a lot of research before ordering these but in my humble opinion 6 months to build bumpers is ridiculous. They've had my money all this time. If you are looking for a bumper I would recommend looking elsewhere. Hire some help Shrockworks!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go ahead and be upset now... it'll all go away when you get your bumpers! I've only got the rear setup, but I'll be adding the front as soon as possible. Nice quality parts!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't believe anyone still orders from these clowns. They've been in business long enough they shouldn't need customers money to buy the steel needed ect. It's unacceptable business practice and the fact that the end product is good doesn't offset the foolishness of the wait.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harbourone
I can't believe anyone still orders from these clowns. They've been in business long enough they shouldn't need customers money to buy the steel needed ect. It's unacceptable business practice and the fact that the end product is good doesn't offset the foolishness of the wait.
Enough said!!!! I agree.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbourone

What he said, most places I buy my parts from don't charge me a dime until the day they ship it out.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree with you. I ordered a bumper from another company, they were supposed to ship tuesday. Today I find out it will not ship till tomorrow. At this point I don't believe it till it show's up. I know I will not order anything from that company ever again. I think these guy's should fallow through on there word. That doesn't seem to be the case. just frickin frustrating.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

These clowns make some of the best stuff in the business. I have their stuff and don’t regret it one bit. Did I have to wait, you bet. I pay upfront like everyone else. But I knew this going in to it. I am glad I waited. There are other companies that sell bumpers and they may have them on the shelf if you are in a hurry. I did notice that the people complaining have not done many mods.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Dog
These clowns make some of the best stuff in the business. I have their stuff and don’t regret it one bit. Did I have to wait, you bet. I pay upfront like everyone else. But I knew this going in to it. I am glad I waited. There are other companies that sell bumpers and they may have them on the shelf if you are in a hurry. I did notice that the people complaining have not done many mods.

Lol nice try. Because people haven't done many mods they can't have an opinion on general business practice? Give your head a shake. It's fine for people to defend the shrockworks products but to defend a 6 month stranglehold on your wallet without giving you a product, outright lying about shipping dates and manufacturing times, and the constant attitude of uncaring about these issues is ludicrous.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

agree on orderin through screamin lizard, went and picked up my sliders in a day. Quality is top notch, but i def would of gone a different route had I had to deal with the lead times....great product but they need to get their stuff together.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on ordering the rear bumper and tire carrier and I know what I'm in for, and I think I also Know good looks and quality. It seems to have ALL the features I want.
Will I be pissed about the wait and BS? probably, but hey , in the end I;ll have what I want

Quick Reply: Shrockworks woes