Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is Shrockworks reputable?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my $.02 but wanted to say my experience with Shrockworks was fine all the way around.

This past week I received the Rock Sliders I had ordered online. It was only a couple of weeks longer than I had expected. I had been told 8-10 weeks and it was 12. They were very courteous and straightforward with me. Haven't had a chance to get them on yet but
Old 01-01-2010, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by apc2
... This past week I received the Rock Sliders I had ordered online. ...
That's good to hear.

BTW: As you're installing them, double-check what hole size you drill where. Then check it again. Don't ask how I know (but when I explained my misdeed to Shrockworks, they overnighted me an extra tab-nut to fit my "too large hole" for free).
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
That's good to hear.

BTW: As you're installing them, double-check what hole size you drill where. Then check it again. Don't ask how I know (but when I explained my misdeed to Shrockworks, they overnighted me an extra tab-nut to fit my "too large hole" for free).

Thx for the tip MD! I have a buddy that helps me install stuff that "don't need no stinkin directions" haha now I know to slow down for the drilling
Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Default My view

After much research I decided Schrockworks had the best front bumper for my needs. I have never seen a negative review of the quality of their products either. So I ordered a mid width front, also electing to order a powerplant winch, synthetic rope and several other accessories. Before I placed the order I called to inquire about lead time and was told 4 to 6 weeks. Sounded ok even tho I wasn't happy at having to pay the entire amount up front. 6 weeks go by, no word. 7th week I call. I'm told it will be 4-6 more weeks. Ok, no real problem I guess. At the end of that period, still no word, so I call again. 4-6 more weeks I'm told. No real explanation other than "we haven't been able to get to it yet". Bottom line is I ordered in October. Paid my credit card bill in early November. Finally recieved my bumper in mid March. No winch. Call about the winch. Seem to have forgotten there was a winch ordered. Tell me I'll have it by the end of the week. Actually get it 2 weeks later. As for the products after I received them? Couldn't be happier. Very easy install, fits like a glove. About two hours to complete including the powerplant winch. Is this a good way to run a business? Absolutely not. Being at best misleading about lead time, repeatedly, then operating your business on your customer's cash, doesn't bode well for long time success. Even tho I couldn't be happier with the product, I can't be a repeat customer because of the way he runs his business. Not to mention his business practice is a direct violation of the FTC's rule on Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise, for which he could be fined $16,000 per incident. He really needs to learn how to run his business properly.

Last edited by Garinda; 03-23-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Garinda
... Is this a good way to run a business? ...
Yeah, there are plenty of threads here on JK-Forum that discuss this issue. I try to ensure that everyone who orders from Shrockworks is aware of it when they mention their desires here, and even go to the point of identifying Screamin' Lizard, and competing manufacturers. But, I've been through it three times and, in the end it was worth it each and every time. Have you seen their rear bumper and racks? I've got to get out and take some pic's of my newly installed gear. Incredibly nice.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinlock
The good thing is AFAIK complaints about quality of their products and customer service after receiving the product are non-existant.
That's not true

My complaint is that the bumper came damaged - coating flaking off on one of the shackle mounts, a to-the-metal gouge on the front, and a to-the-metal scrape on one of the top end pieces that is already rusting sitting in the box.

Two weeks so far and no resolution. The proper customer service response is "which piece was messed up? Okay, we'll send a new one of that piece and you can return the original in the new box with a return label". However, since they run their business randomly there are no spare parts available to send. So, they are trying to figure out how to get FedEx to bring the thing back to them. (Zappos shoe store presents a UPS label you print on your own computer as soon as you click 'I want to return this') Of course at this point the cardboard box is also probably not usable due to the huge rain storms we had out here so....
Old 04-04-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yeah, there are plenty of threads here on JK-Forum that discuss this issue. I try to ensure that everyone who orders from Shrockworks is aware of it when they mention their desires here, and even go to the point of identifying Screamin' Lizard, and competing manufacturers. But, I've been through it three times and, in the end it was worth it each and every time. Have you seen their rear bumper and racks? I've got to get out and take some pic's of my newly installed gear. Incredibly nice.
Sorry to hijack but.... hey Mark, have you taken those pics yet? Been dying to see your rig with the new stuff on.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
Sorry to hijack but.... hey Mark, have you taken those pics yet? Been dying to see your rig with the new stuff on.
Yep. Had them up in a couple other threads, but here it is again ...

Quick Reply: Is Shrockworks reputable?