Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is Shrockworks reputable?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-ADD77
I guess I've made up my mind on which bumper combo I will... (or should I say won't) be going ... One man's
Perfectly understandable--you cannot be faulted for that decision. Lots of folks really like the LOD products. There are many other fine companies out there, too. But, after searching for nearly a year for a new rear bumper in order to avoid the hassles of another order with Shrockworks, I realized that no one out there makes a product of the same caliber as them. Period. Let's all hope that Shrockworks continues in business, because we need someone of Jim's caliber making extremely high quality products for our Jeeps.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let everyone know, My bumper arrived today. I have not been able to tear into the box to make sure everythings is there, but, I ordered 21 Aug and it's here today, 17 Dec. Again, I am willing to wait for good products just give me a reasonable estimate. I'll post any issues I have with the bumper/order when I get a good look at it, but if it is as advertised, and everything is there, I will be satisfied. Thanks for the various replies throughout the thread.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Good things come to those who wait.

shrockworks design and build quality is second to none. Enjoy your new toys!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by spooky jeep
Just to let everyone know, My bumper arrived today. I have not been able to tear into the box to make sure everythings is there, but, I ordered 21 Aug and it's here today, 17 Dec. Again, I am willing to wait for good products just give me a reasonable estimate. I'll post any issues I have with the bumper/order when I get a good look at it, but if it is as advertised, and everything is there, I will be satisfied. Thanks for the various replies throughout the thread.
That's great--we need to read about more people receiving their Shrockworks products. If past history with Shrockworks is any indication, if you didn't get everything you needed in the box, they will overnight it to you. In fact, if you screw up something you need (Like I did twice: Needed another tab nut for install of rock rails when I drilled incorrect size hole, and lost two shackles while four wheeling Tower Arch trail in Moab), they will still overnight the replacement to you, without further charge.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered the front mid bumper and the full rear w/o tire carrier (b4 the carrier was an option) when they were first on the market. I was quoted 6 weeks. It took about 8. IMO they are fantastic. Well worth the wait. I plan to get rails as soon as possible. Shrockworks again. After owning their products for a couple of years and seeing what other people have on their Jeeps, Shrockworks builds it to last. I hit a deer doing about 50mph and except for crap flying everywhere I couldn't tell.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Shrockworks front mid-width bumper, rear bumper and tire carrier, and the rock rails. I love them all and would choose them again even with the wait.

Hiring more people may not be possible for any number of reasons. Business is much more complex than some would have you believe. However, one thing they can and should do is to not charge you when the wait will be greater than a month until they start production on your product. I surmise two reasons for charging ahead of time: (1) You're less likely to cancel your order because the money is already gone or (2) They're using the money for operations. The latter one would be concerning.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I just spoke with Jim. He says that Kevin, who used to man the phones and work the Internet boards, is no longer with the firm. So Jim now takes care of the phones, as well as the rest of the job as the owner. He says they are still shipping products. He also went on to say that the parts for my rear bumper and racks will be in this month some time, and that they will get it built shortly after that. Because of the holidays, they will be running some short weeks, which will slow down production temporarily.
That's the problem right there. Not maintaining an adequate benchstock or supply. Considering everything they make, there is no magical part or hardware they shouldn't have on hand.
I wheel with a guy who beat the hell out of his shrockworks rails and they still work great. He bought his used so his wait time was hours (to drive and pick them up).
Old 12-18-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

If the wait time is that big of a deal I would call Screaming Lizzards because they always seem to have some of their bumpers and rails in stock, or get them quicker that placing the order yourself.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Littlejon
If the wait time is that big of a deal I would call Screaming Lizzards because they always seem to have some of their bumpers and rails in stock, or get them quicker that placing the order yourself.
I recommend the same thing to folks. However, I was at Screamin' Lizard a few weeks ago and they happened to mention they were expecting several rear bumpers that day, but that they had all been sold earlier. So that's not a panacea. For my part, I am content to wait, and don't feel the need to tell Jim how he should run his business (even if I was qualified to do so, which I'm not). If the wait really bothered me, everyone who says I should cancel and order somewhere else would be absolutely correct.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sin52
That's the problem right there. Not maintaining an adequate benchstock or supply. Considering everything they make, there is no magical part or hardware they shouldn't have on hand.
I wheel with a guy who beat the hell out of his shrockworks rails and they still work great. He bought his used so his wait time was hours (to drive and pick them up).
They obviously don't have the cash/credit to maintain inventory, so they build up inventory and then manufacture a batch.

The good thing is AFAIK complaints about quality of their products and customer service after receiving the product are non-existant.

Their cashflow is just limited like many of ours.

Quick Reply: Is Shrockworks reputable?