Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is Shrockworks reputable?

Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understood your earlier meaning. My point is that after I've dropped the ball (or a subordinate has...it makes no difference) and disappointed a customer, I'm willing to go out of my way to make it right. Not "We'll fix it as soon as we can without disrupting the plans that we have". Something along the lines of "I'll pay one of my guys overtime this week so that I can get this built in addition to our normal scheduled builds." or "I'll come in on Saturday and build it."

Yes...doing that will mean that Shrockworks will not realize any profit on the manufacture of your rear bumper, and may in fact realize a small loss...but it will impress you with the fact that they're willing to work hard to treat you right, and you'll tell other people about it. In the long run that would result in more business for Shrockworks.

As far as your willingness to wait eight or nine months for what is essentially an "off the shelf" product that is different from a half-dozen other manufacturers only in minor details...all that I can say is that you have the patience of a saint.

Well...either that or you're really, really stubborn
Old 11-28-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by w squared
... you'll tell other people about it. In the long run that would result in more business for Shrockworks. ...
LOL. That's probably exactly why a lot of potential Shrockworks owners are glad that Jim DIDN'T do that! I'm not even certain that Jim wants more business. I mean, it was just a year ago that they shut down for two months to move to a larger location, and hired and trained more people. I doubt that they are ready to go through that again too soon.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Order in Aug, Front mid width and winch plus accessories. almost 3k on CC immediately. Last time they would answer me with delivery date stated it would be delivered late Oct/early Nov. Its mid Dec and they stopped answering emails asking for an update. Their products look great, but I am getting nervous w/ no response that they might be getting ready to go bankrupt -- not the 1st time a CO has overextended itself with a great product but not enough production. I hope that's not the problem and I hope my 3K isn't lost. I carefully choose the planned build up of my rig and this was an expensive, but important 1st step for me. Still waiting, hoping my buy is truly being built and will be delivered. Like many have said, if they would be honest w/ their estimate (6 months???) I wouldn't be as worried. Now I honestly wonder if I'll get the bumper, a refund, or nothing at all!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Freak

4 pages and not one responce from schrockworks on this subject. I would think they would give an explanation as to why they have problems getting their products out. Mabye they are busy building bumpers. I can tell you this is why I would never even consider any of their products.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spooky jeep
Order in Aug, Front mid width and winch plus accessories. almost 3k on CC immediately. Last time they would answer me with delivery date stated it would be delivered late Oct/early Nov. Its mid Dec and they stopped answering emails asking for an update. Their products look great, but I am getting nervous w/ no response that they might be getting ready to go bankrupt -- not the 1st time a CO has overextended itself with a great product but not enough production. I hope that's not the problem and I hope my 3K isn't lost. I carefully choose the planned build up of my rig and this was an expensive, but important 1st step for me. Still waiting, hoping my buy is truly being built and will be delivered. Like many have said, if they would be honest w/ their estimate (6 months???) I wouldn't be as worried. Now I honestly wonder if I'll get the bumper, a refund, or nothing at all!
Try calling them. They were responsive when I called them about my bumper.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by IMFletch
Try calling them. They were responsive when I called them about my bumper.
+1 as many issues i had getting my rails they always did answer me when I called. When I was talking to them last March they had just moved to a bigger building so they can expand. You should get it, maybe 2011
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 AM
JK Newbie

So at a glance, that's four people beside the original poster who have added a reply stating that they're still waiting, are unsure if they will receive their order or refund, etc. One guy said he has been waiting eight months. And, as already mentioned, no representative from the company has spoken up in the thread (although a competitor has). "Give me a wad of money you have worked to earn and I may or may not eventually provide you with my product" is not the way to conduct business.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by NITRORC pilot
4 pages and not one responce from schrockworks on this subject. ...
I just spoke with Jim. He says that Kevin, who used to man the phones and work the Internet boards, is no longer with the firm. So Jim now takes care of the phones, as well as the rest of the job as the owner. He says they are still shipping products. He also went on to say that the parts for my rear bumper and racks will be in this month some time, and that they will get it built shortly after that. Because of the holidays, they will be running some short weeks, which will slow down production temporarily.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Default Wow!

I guess I've made up my mind on which bumper combo I will... (or should I say won't) be going. I like their work / products but, I'm not as patient as some of you. It must be my generation talking because I want instant gradification when I spend my hard earned $$$. No way could I wait for months.

One man's
Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK-ADD77
I guess I've made up my mind on which bumper combo I will... (or should I say won't) be going. I like their work / products but, I'm not as patient as some of you. It must be my generation talking because I want instant gradification when I spend my hard earned $$$. No way could I wait for months.

One man's
If you still want there product check out Screaming Lizards. They usually have some of their product on hand.

Quick Reply: Is Shrockworks reputable?