Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is Shrockworks reputable?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Unfortunately for me, LOD and the rest of the companies out there decide what finish/color your bumper should be. Shrockworks lets the customer chose. Imagine that. Since my Jeep is wrapped front and sides in black semi-gloss, I want that for the rear. The other companies--not so much the Rugged Ridges and Warns, but the supposedly upper tier companites--are in Henry Ford mode: "You can have any color you want, as long as it's krinkle black."
Valid point. Options are important. I'm partial to rattle can flat black my self. Easier to touch up. I've chipped the hell out of anthing powdercoated that I have owned.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Freak

Long lead times from Shrockworks are well documented on the forum. Their product is top quality but when ordering you should be prepared to wait. I will buy again from them. I would however like to see them be a bit more realistic when quoting lead times for their gear.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Unfortunately for me, LOD and the rest of the companies out there decide what finish/color your bumper should be. Shrockworks lets the customer chose.
I know little about shrockworks other than what I've read on here, but LOD gave me 3 options on my bumper...2 different types of black, or an unfinished that I could have painted as I see fit.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Junkie

i've got their rock rails and can vouch for them being high quality and durable as hell.They have saved me some damage on more than one occassion
Old 11-25-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too had placed an order with them but got fed up with what I would call the 'shove-off' every time I called. I canceled the order almost 3 weeks ago and still no refund on the credit card. They sure charge it fast enough when you place the order, but I guess its a little hard to find the refund button.
I AM SURE THEY MAKE A GREAT PRODUCT, but they are extremely unrealistic when they quote an eta and almost make you feel bad when calling to follow up after the eta passes. I am in business myself and would never do this to a customer of mine so I can't see accepting it on the other end.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Can you imagine if they could put out products in a timely manner? Like the rest of the world....If they could continue to put out the same quality, they could do 3-4x the business.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
I know little about shrockworks other than what I've read on here, but LOD gave me 3 options on my bumper...2 different types of black, or an unfinished that I could have painted as I see fit.
I stand corrected. I guess I didn't check them out thoroughly enough, because I did search long and hard over a six month period trying to find an alternative for Shrockworks. Alas, I've been waiting for my rear bumper since early April, and was told "two to three weeks" by Jim just last week. We all know what that means (okay, if you still haven't figured it out, it doesn't mean a thing). However, I was realistic the moment I ordered it: If I get it before the end of the year, they have met my expectations.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 11-26-2009 at 03:38 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by w squared
I believe the OP said that he'd spoken with them on the phone twice.

Patient is patient...but some wait times are excessive.
yea paying for somthing and waiting 3-5 months to get it is uncalled for. from what it sounds like is that they dont even have the steel in the building to build more than one thing at a time.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

Have the rails and love them. The best advice I would say is to talk to screaming lizards. They usually have some in stock even though it might not be exactly what you want. My buddy got his rail from them and it took about two weeks, mine took over six months.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

They are reputable, they are slow in the manufacturing department, probably did not realize how their products would explode, not the first company to do this. If you have patience go with schrockworks.

Quick Reply: Is Shrockworks reputable?