Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is Shrockworks reputable?

Old 11-24-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Shrockworks reputable?

I order shrockworks sliders, front bumper and a rear tire carrier bumper a few months ago. They shipped the sliders but with no ETA on the bumpers I cancled through e-mail and followed up with a phone call (I spoke to Justin once and Jim on another follow-up). Despite promises on the phone my credit card would be refunded its been 3 weeks now and they won't reply to my e-mails any more.

I had to file a claim with my credit card company and shrockworks still has not responded.

Anyone had any experience with getting there money back from these guys? Any other suggestions on something I should try?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They gave me my money back when I asked for it back. From what I've heard they are slower than refrigerated molasses when it comes to building stuff, and they can't be bothered to keep people updated when they're waiting for bumpers...but I haven't heard of anyone not getting a refund when they asked for it.

Given that you paid in full and they haven't delivered a product, they have two choices.

#1. Refund your money.

#2. Risk being charged with fraud.

If you spoke to them on the phone and they haven't refunded your money yet, then I'd be getting worried. A credit card refund should show up with your bank within a few days. Mine did, and my bank's in a different country!

I hope you get a full refund with minimal hassle.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Junkie

Have you called? Seems like you're only trying emails.

You have to be patient with Shrockworks. They take a lot of time to build products, but they come out TOP quality and construction.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Have you called? Seems like you're only trying emails.

You have to be patient with Shrockworks. They take a lot of time to build products, but they come out TOP quality and construction.
I believe the OP said that he'd spoken with them on the phone twice.

Patient is patient...but some wait times are excessive.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:29 AM
JK Junkie

I waited 4 months for Shrockworks rock rails. For some square and round tube, welded together, and some plates. Really, 4 months? But, I was patient for a great product.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

They were the first to come to market for the JK with an upper tier product.

That's where the positive seems to stop. Too much wait time coupled with lackluster customer service is why I don't have my Jeep wrapped in their products...and prob never will. As a business owner, I could not immagine a policy where I take people's money and not be responsive....even if the customer calls once per week. If you can't handle the customer service, don't take the money up front.

I plan to get the same craftsmanship and better service from LoD.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by shredX
... I plan to get the same craftsmanship and better service from LoD.
Unfortunately for me, LOD and the rest of the companies out there decide what finish/color your bumper should be. Shrockworks lets the customer chose. Imagine that. Since my Jeep is wrapped front and sides in black semi-gloss, I want that for the rear. The other companies--not so much the Rugged Ridges and Warns, but the supposedly upper tier companites--are in Henry Ford mode: "You can have any color you want, as long as it's krinkle black."
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

I also originally had placed an order for a shrockworks bumper, but every time I called the ETA was 3-4 weeks, that went on for 4 or 5 months, so finally I called to cancel and they did refund my money.

On a side note, my Jeep is now fully armored by LoD and I couldn't be happier with the product or the service.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

4-5 months is just TOO long to wait for a product in today's day and age. I mean c'mon for that amount of time you could probably learn the trade of welding and build it yourself. And for the record I'm not saying that there products aren't top noch because I'm sure they are. I'm just saying that nobody should have to wait that long in 2009.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fadeout
4-5 months is just TOO long to wait for a product in today's day and age. I mean c'mon for that amount of time you could probably learn the trade of welding and build it yourself. And for the record I'm not saying that there products aren't top noch because I'm sure they are. I'm just saying that nobody should have to wait that long in 2009.
learn the trade of welding

Quick Reply: Is Shrockworks reputable?