Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shout out for Trek Armor

Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Shout out for Trek Armor

I'm new to the Jeep JKU platform (former FJ owner) and the JK-Forum, want my first post to be a shout-out for Mitch & the crew at Trek Armor.

I am in the process of an Overlanding build and purchased a competitors product for seat covers. I ran across Trek Armor searching for Grab Handles and called with a question. After about a minute on the phone with Mitch, I knew I had the wrong product in my JK and ordered custom seat covers from Trek Armor. They are absolutely head and shoulders above what I had installed and I can't say enough great things about the customer service experience. If you're in the market, I highly recommend Trek Armor! http://www.trekarmor.com

Couple of side by side shots for comparison. Last photo is of the finished product. Sorry about the photo quality - still figuring out how to upload great photos without going over the size limit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1034.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	542753Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0027.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	542754
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0021.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	542755   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	542756  

Last edited by tg smith; 04-02-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Did you have to cut holes for the headrests to fit? I don't have holes where they insert into the seat.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blue project
Did you have to cut holes for the headrests to fit? I don't have holes where they insert into the seat.
Yes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

My fronts fit good, my backs didn't. I didn't find him good to deal with. Lots of promises but slow to do anything (7 months). Not at all like all the rave reviews on the forums. And when it was said and done it was a hassle for him because I sent him 4 batches of pictures called him 4 times and sent 15 emails instead of going through the vendor that I ordered them from. Glad you like yours, I'll never deal with Mitch again.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I luv luv luv luv my Trek Armor covers..
Mitch is the man.. i was considering buying other name brands but decided to spend the extra cash and have a custom set of black covers w/blue stitching made. The install of the front covers was a breeze as for the back it was a bit*h getting the seatbelt bolt off "no fault of Trek Armor" and fitting the rear covers on by myself was slower but most definitely doable.

I to "thought" the slit for the back seat tilt release was not there, so i called Mitch and explained that my cover did not have the slit to pass the strap through. He assured me it did, i doubled checked but i could not see it, he then said it would be in a section not sewn together where the pull would go through.. its kinda hard to see and feel since the two fabrics come together and looks stitched.. I felt and looked again and BAM!! there it was.. He was easy to deal with and always gets back to me when he has a free chance. "30min-1hr at most" I'll post pics of my cover when i get a chance to upload some..

So many people ask about my covers.. where i got them from or what outlet i bought them from.. i tell them i bought them direct from their site and bypass the middle man.

Did i say "I LUV" my covers..lol
Augi
Old 04-02-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
My fronts fit good, my backs didn't. I didn't find him good to deal with. Lots of promises but slow to do anything (7 months). Not at all like all the rave reviews on the forums. And when it was said and done it was a hassle for him because I sent him 4 batches of pictures called him 4 times and sent 15 emails instead of going through the vendor that I ordered them from. Glad you like yours, I'll never deal with Mitch again.
@ Alaska…WOW is all I can say. I'm not doubting you but I can say that my experience was 100% the opposite. I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with Mitch/TrekArmor. I too had fitment questions and my call was returned within an hour or two max. Too bad it didn't work out - I am very pleased with the product. Best to you and I hope you're happy with the product you have now.

Last edited by tg smith; 04-02-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

@Blue Project

Originally Posted by BucYouUp68
Yes
Yes - you have to cut the holes. I called Mitch and he told me Jeep headrest holes are off by as much as 1/8" vehicle to vehicle so they don't pre-cut the holes.

If you haven't cut yours yet, do the following:

1) Install the front seat covers and get them exactly where you want them;
2) Use a sharp knife and cut an 'X' starting where the hole is for the headrest. As the fabric is 'rip stop' you'll need to CAREFULLY continue cutting until each leg of the 'X' is about 1" - 1 1/2" long.
3) Tuck the 4 triangles you've created under the plastic releases/holders for the posts. I used a plastic body panel tool but you can use a butter knife, body panel tool, putty knife or your fingers!
4) All done. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Shout out for Trek Armor