Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should we start a chapter of JA?

Old 04-17-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a problem.....

Hello, my name is Jason...and I am an addict. My Jk is just over a month old and is close to 2500 miles already. I am addicted to driving it...I always seem to find a round-about route to get to wherever it is I am going, just so I don't get there too fast. This seems normal to me, but everyone else says I have a problem.
Please tell me that it is they who have the problems, not me.
Please tell me I am normal.
I try to talk to them, but they just don't understand
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AJK4JK
Hello, my name is Jason...and I am an addict. My Jk is just over a month old and is close to 2500 miles already. I am addicted to driving it...I always seem to find a round-about route to get to wherever it is I am going, just so I don't get there too fast. This seems normal to me, but everyone else says I have a problem.
Please tell me that it is they who have the problems, not me.
Please tell me I am normal.
I try to talk to them, but they just don't understand
It's ok, the voices in the CANbus tell me things too.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
It's ok, the voices in the CANbus tell me things too.
aahh so that's who is talking to me!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Aussie Chapter

I'll start the Aussie Chapter of JA.

I work from home and work for myself so that makes it twice as bad. I have ordered a Rubi and should be here in July and my wife is praying it gets here sooner - she think getting it may help my addiction to this forum!! I probably spend three hours a day on here - at least! My wife thinks I'm really sad - truth is I couldn't be happier!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKJase
I'll start the Aussie Chapter of JA.

I work from home and work for myself so that makes it twice as bad. I have ordered a Rubi and should be here in July and my wife is praying it gets here sooner - she think getting it may help my addiction to this forum!! I probably spend three hours a day on here - at least! My wife thinks I'm really sad - truth is I couldn't be happier!!!
It doesn't change. You will just have two addictions instead of one.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Default Addict...no way!!

Spent morning, noon and night when I first found the site. This appeared to be the best location to get the "truth" about all the delays and how to obtain status of my baby and track it via rail and post pins via Google Earth watching its progress home. People here reassured me that I was not alone in my wait.

As this is our first purchased / owned Jeep, I now check continuously through the day to learn all the ins and outs from those more experienced folks - like that photo of the green jk up to its hood in the woods / mud so that I might learn from their experiences as to how to tow it out because I'm sure I'll do something like that too!

Each day brings something new that I want to add to our new addition and the first thing after logging in is to check the forum (even before email) to see what others have done.

And yes, we really did already make a Christmas stocking for it for annual holiday toys!

I'm not addicted - I've been told it's just a "Jeep thing" - really...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by AZToad
[snip]
And yes, we really did already make a Christmas stocking for it for annual holiday toys!

[snip]
Ah man! that is an awesome idea....

I am sooooo..... going to do that!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Still waiting for my JK to be built. Sold my Lincoln LS and am driving my 78 CJ7 (formerly my weekend trail vehicle only) until it gets here.

My wife says I passed the point of no return when she found a jeep brochure and quadratec catalog on the back of the toilet.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AZToad

I'm not addicted - I've been told it's just a "Jeep thing" - really...
That's what I was told...at first I was skeptical but now I know...It IS a Jeep thing and others just don't understand
Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rwitte42
Still waiting for my JK to be built. Sold my Lincoln LS and am driving my 78 CJ7 (formerly my weekend trail vehicle only) until it gets here.

My wife says I passed the point of no return when she found a jeep brochure and quadratec catalog on the back of the toilet.
HA!!!! I'm glad I've found a support group- because here I was thinking I was the only one who did that. It's a hard choice between Golf Digest and Quadratec, every morning.

Quick Reply: Should we start a chapter of JA?