Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I stay or should I go?

Old 07-29-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty cool graphic~ but I'll parrot the advert comments. TF better be throwing some goodies under my rig if I'm pimpin em like that

I like the rockstars~ with the right rubber. I don't like the flame pattern at all.

Opinionated Synopsis:

Keep the graphic

Get some big a$$ MT's on those rockstars and get pimpin
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't like any of it. But F me, it's your Jeep I say do what you want to do with it. But I just have a feeling you don't like it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a TeraFlex lift?? Just askin. Non Rubi's with Rubicon stickers catch allotta flack, just don't want you to be in the same boat. Put some project jk.com stickers on it and call it a day. JJ man, I like it.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:31 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For crap sake. You fixed it up like you obviously wanted it. Your Jeep is cool lookin. There ain't another one like it. Leave the damn thing alone.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I'm wondering why I haven't seen this Jeep around. I get down to Norman on occasion to visit my son, who lives on the OU campus (well, for a couple more days, then he'll be at home/Moab with me until school starts again in late August). Anyway, it's your Jeep. Don't let others deflect you from what you like. If you truly are having second thoughts that maybe it didn't come out the way you like, then maybe you do need some change. The TF decal is an easy, no cost change. The Rockstars (they're really not my thing, but that shouldn't matter to you!) could prove to be an expensive mistake. If you have money to burn, then maybe you don't care. But, since you're still running the stock front bumper, I think maybe you don't. Here's an idea: Maybe someone will trade you straight-up for their own wheels. Then the only cost would be to swap the tires (unless the trade included those).

BTW: If you see this Jeep running around, be certain to wave (tag is OIIIO) ...

Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

I think the Jeep looks good as it is, but....

The biggest I'd personally go on a decal would be a windshield banner, unless I got some free schwag out of it. Being that it's flat black on your JK it does not look bad at all though.

How are those tires on your 100 mile drive? They certainly look cool, but for that kind of driving make sure they ride nicely.

The rims? Well I'm not a huge fan of rockstars, but going to soft 8s doesn't seem like an improvement in my book (read my sig what the hell do I know anyway. lol). If you're tired of them, I'd try and find something that fits your tastes, but maybe isn't quite as common as the soft 8. You don't want it looking like someone elses do you?

Ultimately I think owning a jeep is about individual expression and doing what you want, so read over everyone's comments, but in the end do your own thing.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Jedi

That is a HUGE sticker, so not my taste, because it is black though it is much less obnoxious.

As for the wheels/tires, probably a pretty good combo for the street and your commute, personally I would like something better for deep snow and off-road though.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the sticker I'll copy the advertising comments. See if Teraflex will give you some goodies.

I say dump the wheels and possibly the tires. I have BFG KMs and I have lost maybe .5 mpg city and 0 highway. I even tied my best highway mpg with my stock tires... 25 mpg. Then again the tires aren't really a big deal. They work for now.

Back to the wheels though. I've seen WAY too many lifted trucks running these things. Not Jeeps... trucks. The mall crawler kind. I've seen FJs, Silverados, Fords, Rams, etc. with this setup. They all look like doodoo. Dump them for like you said, some soft 8's or paint the stock Rubi rim matte black. I think that looks cool if you want to stick with the matte black route.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was just curious where you got the decal to begin with? I know our local dealer likes to seel Jeeps with these things on them. We have one here that is called the "Red Rock", and they have a decal on an X that shows some nice Moab landscape. The darn decal they have made special and it cost $50.00 a set to replace. Sorry, not into advertising for somene else's gain. Take it off.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I'm wondering why I haven't seen this Jeep around. I get down to Norman on occasion to visit my son, who lives on the OU campus (well, for a couple more days, then he'll be at home/Moab with me until school starts again in late August). Anyway, it's your Jeep. Don't let others deflect you from what you like. If you truly are having second thoughts that maybe it didn't come out the way you like, then maybe you do need some change. The TF decal is an easy, no cost change. The Rockstars (they're really not my thing, but that shouldn't matter to you!) could prove to be an expensive mistake. If you have money to burn, then maybe you don't care. But, since you're still running the stock front bumper, I think maybe you don't. Here's an idea: Maybe someone will trade you straight-up for their own wheels. Then the only cost would be to swap the tires (unless the trade included those).

BTW: If you see this Jeep running around, be certain to wave (tag is OIIIO) ...

Is that Draper? I remember when we used to go wheeling out there, when there was no roads, it was nice. I would drive a 78 CJ, orange color, and would beat the snot out of it. I work in OKC and live on the far East side of Norman (By ThunderTurd Lake). Seeya around

I'm Going to rip off the decal tonight, and start seeing if I can find anyone on a wheel tire/trade.

Thanks everyone.
Keep'em comming. I'm open to all shots here.

Last edited by jeepersjeep; 07-30-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Should I stay or should I go?